Improve Account security via in-app chat

ONE friend knows my phone PIN, and I trust them with my life. With that, they can access… everything about me. If something happened to me, I want them to have that access.

Someone you trust with your phone should be on the same level as someone you’d trust if your life depended on them.

2 Likes

I am not thinking of people who understand the issues of website tracking, lie on social media to protect themselves or yourself who has assessed the level of risk vs trust and would be happy to change your PIN if that friendship soured.

Fun fact, my DoB has been leaked 3 times according to https://haveibeenpwned.com/ along with my name.

1 Like

None of my stuff comes up but I am not gonna put my E-Mail in to that thing but I know nothing has been used anyway.

It’s a safe site Danny, he’s very well respcted - and it’s only your email address

1 Like

Ahhh cool… I will try the one I use for crappy sites then.

EDIT:

Says Bitly and DailyMotion but I’ve never used them sites before??

probably copied from your pr0n logins

He being a Microsoft Regional Director, but Danny is right - the FAQ even recommends the same:

How do I know the site isn’t just harvesting searched email addresses?
You don’t, but it’s not. The site is simply intended to be a free service for people to assess risk in relation to their account being caught up in a breach. As with any website, if you’re concerned about the intent or security, don’t use it.

@anon72173902 - Troy Hunt: Why am I in a data breach for a site I never signed up to?

What is this pr0n that you speak of :new_moon_with_face: :fried_egg:

1 Like

Link makes sense… quite a few possibilities on there as to how that flag came up.

My domains have hundreds in there…

But I use a new email address per site so it doesn’t really matter and I can see which sites have either been hacked or sold my address on. I confronted a couple, they get very embarrased when you have proof!

I use my own domain for proper stuff like this