Images for payees

Apologies if this has already been requested - I couldn’t find anything using the search but would be surprised if this had not already been asked about.

Would it be possible to add images to non-Monzo payees in the app? Or to link the payees with contacts that already exist on my phone? When you make a payment to another Monzo user their image is displayed in the feed, but payments to other payees just use the contact’s initials.

7 Likes

If you could link payee details to a contact that would probably solve it for most people.

4 Likes

What is we could just add a picture from the library?

I am quite happy to spend my time requesting logos for small companies and very much like having branding against every transaction, even from a local bike shop.

But these initials like JE, AD, OP and so on are just so annoying in comparison. It would be great to simply add a photo to a payee like you add one for your account.

2 Likes

I’d be happy with that as an option but I would definitely prefer linking to a contact myself. Mainly because I have pictures against those already and it would be easier for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought that this would be the best option too.

Would be nice to have different options after all

1 Like

Im pretty sure this is what Starling do. Also they have a count down timer thing that allows you to cancel payments if you made a mistake. The pay someone on Monzo shows up people’s profiles- obviously from the app. Would be nice to have the same from your phone contacts.

On iPhone at least (don’t know about Android) it could connect to the slightly creepy photos section that classifies all of your friends and provides a mug-shot of each (‘People’) - then there’s a good chance you’d find the right person’s picture in one click to upload. Would certainly make that section feel a lot more personal and relevant

You’d need to give Monzo access to your photos of course…

1 Like