IFTTT + Google Sheets + Monzo = Then what?

Can’t contribute but would love this if people were happy to share!

I’m definitely up for that - I’d be keen to understand what sort of templates people want.

I did get 80% of the way through some form of monthly tracker, but just based on what I’d want. And then I gave up because it wasn’t quite doing what I wanted.

But yeah, if there was a ‘view’ of your money you don’t have but want, what would that be?

I think something splitting merchants by month/year would be good to start with.

1 Like

Something like…

No formatting at all - but it’s Sum of £ at Merchant, by Year/Month, sorted in order of current year total £

(obviously could then be displayed graphically too)

Yep, happy to contribute. As @BritishLibrary mentioned, first step would be to understand exactly what the community wants from a finance template. Perhaps a poll/thread for suggestions would be a good idea? (Maybe there’s already a thread that can bumped)

Amount saved in pots and the pulse chart (posted above) would be nice

If you add a new sheet and in A1, write the date you wish to start your pulse from. Then in A2 add this

=if(A1<today(),sumifs(‘Monzo Transactions’!$H:$H,‘Monzo Transactions’!$B:$B,"<="&C2,‘Monzo Transactions’!$D:$D,"<>"&“Pot Transfer”),0)

If it errors, it’s likely to be related to how the forum deals with pasting in the " symbol, it can make the difference.

In A2 add this

A1+1

Drag them down as far as you wish to go

Then highlight columns A+B and click the little “Insert Graph” icon, about 4th from the right.

Job done!

For pots, did you want how much each pot gets added each month?

1 Like

@Peter_G Do you want to create a google sheets that is editable? (And maybe some instructions for people on how to save as their own)

And then those of us who can/are happy to, can add a new tab with the info they want to add?

I just started playing with sheets to display my financial data but I don’t know how to show balance of my individual pots. I know how to show balance of all pots but I can’t figure out the individual ones. Do I need to use IFTTT?

Do you have Monzo Plus/Premium?

Yep

In A1

=unique(FILTER(‘Monzo Transactions’!T:T,‘Monzo Transactions’!D:D = “Pot Transfer”))

In B2

=-sumif(‘Monzo Transactions’!E:E,A1,‘Monzo Transactions’!H:H)

That will list all your pots you’ve ever created and their current balance, then just drag down from B2.

You might have to replace the " if you copy it straight out as sometimes they go squiffy.

1 Like

Cool, I will try that.
Thanks a lot

@Revels is it T:T? as I see I don’t have any values in T:T’s. Unless something is broken from my main sheet.

Sorry, It’s E and not T.

I have some extra columns on mine.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for helping. It worked!

1 Like

Can someone share the sheets and details on how to set it up?

If you subscribe to Plus/Premium, turn the option on and link it with your Google account.

Then it’s really about working out what you want to see?

Ah ok, not on plus as not paying for stuff I’ll never use. Think I misinterpreted what this was as looking for an accounting style spreadsheet.

You can manually download the csv files without paying for Plus.

It’s a live data feed from your account presented as a Google Sheet. If you want to kit it out for your accounting needs you can do so quite easily.

It kind of sounds like you would use it :wink: