IFTTT + Google Sheets + Monzo = Then what?

Pretty sure its the same as the CSV export of ‘all time’ data.

1 Like

This is such a great help, thank you! I’ve managed to export everything over and it seems to work perfectly!

I’m going to be a big nerd and tinker with this all weekend and look into building my own dashboard. Works with my joint account too (which is split equally between my partner and I) so nice addition, too.

Greatly appreciate your time on this one Lewis :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, as Lewis said the same headings are used in both CSV and the Plus imports - columns A-P.

1 Like

Success!

1 Like

Hurrrah!

Also, @revels - thinking about your comment in the now locked thread -

Gosh that is like Round Up on Steroids - for the ultimate £X.00 balance in all pots!

What would it need?

Bill Pots balance updating - that should work fine in Google Sheets.
Quick sum to tell it to to round the £8.26 and work out the difference - should work.
Monitor a cell to move that £0.74 from Bill Pot to Main Balance - should work.

Maybe then you either need to monitor the same cell twice with two integrations - so the move £ in / move £ back out fire off at the same time - that might not be reliable.

Or then you have a second cell in your Google Sheet to watch for the £0.74 coming back into your balance - how would you do that? You’d need to know the pot and also match a previous transaction (+8.26) so it didn’t fire for that, but would fire for the £0.74.

Not sure what that last bit would look like, but if there’s a reliable way to spot that and not confuse it for the first transaction, I reckon so.

Feeling is that since DD’s are taken out at the same time in the morning, if you have multiple on the same day, the IFTTT trigger might miss one of them.

Final Option - IFTTT Platform allows you multiple actions - so you just monitor one cell, and it’s used as the ingredient for both Move Money In and Money Out

1 Like

I use google sheets to transfer 10% of a card spend to a saving pot. Now because of your formula and examples it might be possible to do it of direct debits too! :thinking:

1 Like

Could you set it to run once a day from that pot, say 10am, once you know everything has gone?

You’ve got the balance of the pot, =round, in another cell, then do some more magic afterwards?

1 Like

Is it just balance of Pot = Rounded you’re after, or, it’s appropriately rounded after each transaction?

i.e. three £2.50 DD’s go out.

Would you want your pot total to have reduced by £9 (£2.5, rounded to £3, x 3), or £8 (£2.5 x 3 = £7.5, rounded to £8).

If the former, you’d probably need a few rows to catch each one.

But either way, I think the way you’d force the move by time, is to use =now() - and have (forgetting the syntax…) if now >= today 10:00 and < today 10:10 then, sum(the cells with rounding in)

Then you monitor that cell with IFTTT.

1 Like

In your example I’d want it rounded to £8.

I need to have a look at this as then I’d be a complete neat freak!

I downloaded all my data to have a play with the formatting, to start with I was “This is a lot and I don’t need it” but with a simple SUMIF I’ve got the totals of all my pots and I’m converted!

1 Like

Right got it!

This is what I reckon

Target Date would be ‘=today()’

Total Outgoing - is your sumif to find everything that is going from your bill pot, and is a pot transfer. Probably should also check that this is an outgoing transfer (i.e negative or not).

The Magic Bit - will display the rounded value if it’s between the two target times you specify in the relevant cells below.

'=if(and(timevalue(now())>timevalue(R29),timevalue(now())<=timevalue(S29)),Q27,"")

Adjust references as needed.

Monitor the cell in “the magic bit” and at your targetted time it will trigger IFTTT.

1 Like

You are a genius! Thank you

I’ll need to read that a couple of times I think :rofl:

Hah! If it helps I can share a google sheet with some references in?

3 Likes
Pot Total Rounded Variance
Bills Bills Bills Pot £ 1.11 £ 1.00 £ 0.11

I’d done it a slightly different way to you but I guess the outcome is the same.

What trigger do I use from IFTTT? I might need the sheet thank you! But I should just be able to point it at my 11p cell shouldn’t I?

1 Like

On the Google Sheets applet, use the trigger “when a cell changes” or something similar, and point it at your variance cell.

Once that updates to £0.11 it will fire off.

Apparently the Google Sheets trigger will only look every 10 minutes, so making sure it only updates once all things have moved out is key

That said, you might still need to add in a 2nd trigger for the move back to your change pot.

Seeing as the main Plus thread is closed, just taking a moment here to say that I went to take a look at the new sheet set up by Plus in Google Drive and was genuinely pleasantly surprised to see that all my transactions going back two years are in there

I was rather prepared to be disappointed by it only starting yesterday or some such, so very buoyed by that. Must do some digging in to the data

Please pass my appreciation along to the team(s) that sorted that @tomdavies

3 Likes

I think so, but I can live with that.

I’m stuck at this point (first sticking point)

If I press one, it gives me some code in the box above but I’m not sure what I should be pointing it at or where :man_shrugging:

You want to use {{value}} - this will pass on the cell value from your sheet as the variable.

Make sure the sheet your watching is the very first sheet in your file

Okay, so it works but it’s very sensitive!

I updated the applet, changed the cell from 0.11 to 0.13 and then back to 0.11.

But it took both of those as updates and took 24p away!

So I think like you said earlier (Guru Ben :crown:) that there will need to be an extra formula in the =round, so that it doesn’t do it after every DD that goes out and cause all kinds of chaos! Once a day will be fine.

1 Like

Ah they’ve cranked up how often it searches then.

Thats why I like the time bounding part - you can really specify when you want it to trigger, and you let a different formula do the summing up.

I made about 20 pot transactions back and forth getting it to work how I wanted!