If Only She’d Had a Monzo Account!

(Change Works) #1

If only she’d not left her purse in her car for two days.

Seems that personal responsibility is out of the window and she gets reimbursed by the bank for her stupidity.

“She will report the matter to police, she said.” but not until she has reported it to the media first!

(Change Works) #4

I was thinking along the same lines, initially.

But then if her purse and any other valuables were hidden out of sight (I’m giving her the benefit of a huge doubt, here) it’s probably not all that negligent.

Nice of Capital One to re-imburse her before investigating, though. I guess they can un re-imburse her if they later decide if she’s been negligent?

(Tony Hoyle) #5

Woudn’t surprise me if they would. When I had a credit card skimmed last year I was told quite explicitly that they had only reimbursed me provisionally pending investigation.

(Marcel Ruhf) #6

Legally, I think it doesn’t matter - if the card was used fraudulently, the card issuer must either process a chargeback (without immediate reimbursement, only after an investigation in coordination with the merchant’s bank) or if the transaction was above £100, process an immediate refund under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act (this only applies to credit cards).

(Allie) #7

I don’t quite understand this. Surely she should be very happy she was using cards instead of cash. That is the point - a huge point! If this was cash, it would be gone forever!