Ideas for left over money

Ah right. Not something that’s going to happen, something that might happen.

I’ll just jump ship for a switching bonus if and when the time comes (unless the packaged accounts are worth having).

It’s the Mail so it could be something TSB haven’t even thought of doing

3 Likes

Yeah it’s a might but it’s probably true.

Here’s the official slides shown. No interest on the paid account either, the £3 subscription text says “£3 bolt on let’s you withdraw cash abroad with no unexpected fees”. :roll_eyes: great

Screenshot_20191205-212953

1 Like

Looks rather similar to Monzo Plus. Even down to the card colours. :joy:

you%20take%20that%20back

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just seen a TSB TV ad still advertising the 3% so looks like they’re keeping it going. Would anyone be so kind as to send me a referral via PM?

**sent

The TSB website now shows the following on the Classic Plus Account:

3% AER / 2.96% gross variable interest paid on balances up to £1,500 only. Please note the interest rate will be 1.50% AER/1.49% gross variable from 2 May 2020

Sad as I’ve just switched, but I’ll take my switching bonus and use this instead of Marcus once the bonus runs out.

Was it always £1500. So basically instead of the max being £45, they’ve halved that to £22.50 a year or ~£1.88 month.

Not sure how long it’s been £1500 but the recent change was halving the interest rate.

It’s still a pretty good rate considering the market but a bit disingenuous that they’ve just been running a TV ad campaign (might even still be running) with the 3% headline.

We’ll all the rates are poor at the moment so it makes little difference. If you took the Marcus 1.35% Vs 1.5% instead as an example.

£1500*0.0015 = £2.25 over a whole year.

Lucky to get a sandwich these days for £2.25