I redesigned the Monzo Debit Card! What are your thoughts?

Why?
The hot Coral is very unique!
That blue is not!

1 Like

Itā€™s only a concept, nothing is changingā€¦:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi just joined please keep the card the coral colour as it opens a conversation on Monzo every time I use it

2 Likes

Even more of a conversation starter ā€¦ google ā€œhot coralā€ and check out the urban dictionary definition(1st hit for me).

Note. If easily offended donā€™t look. Donā€™t shoot the messenger :rofl:

1 Like

:scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat:

You ever get a feeling some of those are made up? :joy:

2 Likes

2 Likes

The first thing I loved about Monzo was the odd colour of its bank card.

Everyone still comments now and itā€™s nice to see others in the Monzo club.

I would ant one of these new one. It would become another bank card and get lost in the wallet.

1 Like

Club or cult? :rofl:

Thatā€™s pretty much a First Direct debit card

Much better the the Awful Florescent Orange :+1:

Not sure who produces an awful florescent orange card but a lovely hot coral one is nice

6 Likes

Right, so thatā€™ll be hot florescent orange coral for kiddies and a nice blue for grown-ups? :wink:

I think I count as a grown up but I love the hot coral (grandad :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

2 Likes

Blast !! Thatā€™s my theory out the window :flushed:

1 Like

I was at a gig in London last year and I got a few looks from the young whipper snappers when I flashed my hot coralā€¦

my kerv had failed.

Keep 'em guessing :grinning:

Itā€™s best not to flash your hot coral in front of young whipper snappers :scream:

Definately not young but I love the colour as it is. Blue bank cards are boring

5 Likes

Iā€™m liking the designs up above!

Out of interest what do people think of designs that have the details flipped 90 degrees?
I remember I first came across it during the short lived supercard by Travelex:

io_

I also notice Tide have updated their card to follow a similar design along with all details being on the back, I think it looks quite clean/sleek (I think a hot coral version would go down well!)

card-1

7 Likes

Really not a fan of them. Those are probably the better of the ā€œverticalā€ designs but even then, it feels wrong. A smart card should be horizontal, period.

2 Likes

Think Egg was an early adopter of the vertical design. It wasnā€™t great, but I donā€™t agree that cards should always be horizontal.