I redesigned the Monzo Debit Card! What are your thoughts?

Yes, I think Monzo should go all-in on hot coral for all their branding - the world doesn’t need another dark blue bank card. The multi-coloured logo doesn’t do much for me either, I’d prefer to see a pink app icon with the logo white out.

monzo-app

Perhaps something a little more adventurous for the card too which keeps the colour, gets rid of those ugly misaligned embossed letters and does something more adventurous with the front of the card - you don’t need the numbers on the front of the card any more. The front of the card should be a branding exercise, perhaps with a name, but it doesn’t need detail like expiry etc.

Something more like this:

monzo-front

Then leave all that boring stuff on the back.

monzo-back

Nowadays with contactless and stored card details it’s rare to have to pull out the card and read the number off, though of course you need it on there, it just isn’t as vital as previously.

Would like to see Monzo offer custom cards at some point though for those who want them and just let you upload a pic as many banks do, that’d be nice, as long as they got rid of the embossed letters, which tend to ruin custom designs otherwise.

43 Likes