Huel / Saturo / Soylent / etc

I was thinking about this on my drive home today
If the cost per meal is the same, I’ll definitely be getting it.
If the cost per meal is higher, I’m gonna be put off

Looks like they already had a launch event.

Thai Green Curry and Tomato & Herb flavours.

Interesting!

Yup, I was there! :joy:

1 Like

Nice. Did you get to try both? Which was better?

I actually backed this on Kickstarter a few months back, and it’s set to ship next month. Encouraging that Huel are thinking along similar lines.

That looks really interesting - is not heard of it!

RE: Hot and Savoury Huel I found the Tomato and Basil a little bit ‘meh’ - by no means bad but it didn’t wow me. The Thai Curry was/is excellent though - not spicy enough for my personal taste perhaps but it’s easy to add that to taste.

They’ve managed to keep it to less than £3 a meal too which is excellent value for what you’re getting. Much more expensive than the powders but it’s a totally different product.

Back on this train and found a delicious tasting combo so far:

Yfood Choclate + half scoop of low calorie hot chocolate.

On another planet compared to Huel and not lumpy or anything - really impressed with this combination and Yfood in general.

1 Like

I’ve moved from Huel to YFood and love the change. YFood is so much nicer to drink, the premixed shakes are lovely, like Yazoo. Even the powder is nice, although slightly grainier than the premixed.

1 Like

I recently restarted on Huel, having seen the new Salted Caramel & Banana flavours released in their Black Huel.

Both taste great, and have fully sold me back onto the train, just need to refine the quantities etc to get the perfect blend

1 Like

I haven’t gone pre mixed, I am sure it tastes nicer but a bit more expensive and I can’t order the taster pack as I can’t have caffeine so no cheap way to try unfortunately!

Happy with the combination so far though it goes down very milkshake like and much nicer than Huel which I couldn’t stand in the end (black chocolate) ended up selling a bag on eBay to get rid of it!