Huawei P Smart or Samsung 'J' Series

Decided to get the Huawei Y7 16GB next month !
It’s only £120 and can take an SD card.

P20 Lite has just gone down in price :frowning:

Would have been a bargain at this price.

The majority of a phone’s RRP is markup.

Take the Pocophone F1 by Xiaomi for example. Generally it goes for about £250 but I’ve seen it for as low as £199.

Not out of the ordinary until you look at the spec sheet - it’s a flagship by any definition.

Snapdragon 845 processor (Same as the Pixel 3, Galaxy S9, Sony XZ2 Premium - all solidly in the £600-700+ bracket), full HD 6" screen, 6GB RAM, dual back cameras that can shoot in 4K at 60FPS and slow-mo at 960FPS…

Really makes you think, when most folks (inc. myself) don’t think twice about dropping close to a grand on stuff that performs more-or-less the same…

1 Like

I vote for Huawei P smart. I have using Samsung for years, but back to the time I use Samsung I have to reset the system every six months, or it will be very slow. As Huawei, it didn’t happen yet.

Got my Huawei Y7 and it’s the best phone i’ve ever owned.
Huge touch screen with all the features of an iphone and more.

Only £130 !!

1 Like

If I get an SD card it won’t slow the phone down will it?
I’ll put all my music on it but use the phones internal storage for everything else

Need to get a decent class SD card. The higher the class the faster the transfer rate, the better the phone will perform.

Class 10 I think

1 Like

Should be fine.

OK thanks
Got them on argos curry’s etc for about £15

When I do get it, is there an option to store downloaded apps on the internal memory? As I will only use the sd card for music
What’s the best way to transfer stuff between sd and internal?

It will automatically stash apps internally. You have to manually move them in the application manager if you want them on the SD.

Generally in Android you just select what you want, hit the options button and move to SD.

1 Like

Thanks dude, yeah been doing some reading.
I don’t see the “move to SD card” button when in Apps, im guessing I need to put a card in first !

Change of plan though. Im gonna keep my iPhone for the music, and use my Huawei for everything else

Just to let u know check what gb the phone can hold cause if you get over what it can take it will slow it down

1 Like

It does not say anywhere

I will look for u

1 Like

It can hold a micro sd card upto 256gb

2 Likes

Nice one thanks mate

Thats ok mate i like to help people out

1 Like

Thats for the Y7 right ? I didn’t get the P smart

Yh the y7 2018 yh

2 Likes