HSBC Discussion & Feedback

HSBC doing a terrible job at nudging its customers away from potentially harmful behaviour.

4 Likes

My app is still locked out due to iOS 16 not being compatible.

1 Like

Yep hsbc do the lock out on all iOS betas

1 Like

I’m sure iOS 15 was fine with beta as that’s what I had when I opened my account (pretty sure of it), but maybe it’s only the initial beta software due to security flaws :man_shrugging:t3:

HSBC had issues with previous betas too. Quite well known for it by now!

1 Like

So behind the times :sweat_smile: might reach out in Twitter or complain.

1 Like

They’ll just tell you to go away. They’ll never admit it but instead come up with half truths like this. HSBC are the most anal about security out of all UK banks so no surprise they’re the only ones left pulling this stunt.

5 Likes

Why even bother sending that two days ago, when the card arrives like this?

5 Likes

I actually think this card would look very nice if it was rearranged slightly. The logo is far too close to the chip.

I still think the lion design from HK I posted some time ago, up right / green one, is the best I’ve seen from them.

1 Like

This one?

8 Likes

Yup

Anyone here have two personal (sole) HSBC UK current accounts?

The application page opens by saying you cannot apply if you’re already a customer, implying two accounts isn’t allowed.

1 Like

Yup.

2 Likes

:thinking: I wonder if I need to go into a branch for a second account.

2 Likes

just open a First Direct account

1 Like

I opened one over the phone as a separate bills account - it was fairly easy.

2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-22/uk-politicians-voice-concern-over-hsbc-china-communist-committee

China Communist Committee has joined HSBC,
So if you decide to bank with HSBC, don’t put that much money in it :frowning:

That’s only applicable to their HSBC China operations and is the equivalent to the UK staff joining an a union. It’s fairly normal for Chinese businesses to have that (of which HSBC China, obviously, is).

5 Likes

But it’s make sense, Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation, HK and Shanghai both is China’s City