HSBC Discussion & Feedback

Yeah, it’s not like Monzo where there’s an ongoing test version!

2 Likes

It’s doing exactly the same with this bank holiday weekend - transactions for Tuesday showing everywhere other than the app.

3 Likes

As we’d suspected!

It’s quite possible that the code for Direct Debit predictions simply doesn’t account for bank holidays at all, especially if they coded it to calculate that Monday to Friday are always banking days and Saturday and Sunday are not.

1 Like

Lost a little faith in HSBC.

Applied 15th April.

Received sms confirming application received same day.

Received another text 22nd April letting me know being looked at.

25th April I asked live chat for an update, said yeah all accepted just waiting to be completed now. Fine.

26th checked in again as nothing visible on the app (pushed my luck a bit) but advisor on live chat said yep should be here near end of week.

Checked in last night with chat, nope, no application to be seen anywhere, told me to call account opening team… 30 mins in the queue, no answer.

Anyone else had an application just disappear?

They found an old application from September, and my savings account at my current address but nothing else :neutral_face:

1 Like

I had one go with NatWest a few years ago but they just apologised and opened one there and then when I went into a branch to enquire so it was fairly painless.

2 Likes

Could’ve just been someone not looking down all avenues, maybe switching in goes to another list idk.

Partner opened his first direct account within 4 days, think last Thursday and had the card Tuesday.

1 Like

I joined HSBC in January this year and it took two days from applying online to the account appearing in the app. I was using it before I even got an acknowledgement via text that the application was being considered!

3 Likes

Well they told me to reapply and confirmed it’s there from today so will see what happens. All a mystery.

1 Like

Yes. Same here.

Balance after Bills recognises they’re on Tuesday though. I noticed this because it updated today to take account of a new DD I’ve set up that has its first payment on Tuesday.

2 Likes

Probably both these views “filter” information that’s already associated with the account ledger on their backend mainframe.

It’s the code that filters out only the next few days that’s the problem, I would assume. Why filter at all? Well, if you didn’t you’d get odd things happening like a weekly standing order showing as a future pending transaction ad infinitum which would ruin the whole point of the “few days ahead” view.

1 Like

I gave up in the end, they took forever and each agent told me a different reason/status of application.

In the end I binned them off

2 Likes

Feeling this

2 Likes

id be wondering whats happened to all the information you have provided previously and where its ‘vanished’ to

1 Like

I’ve a complaint logged which may push toward a data request to see what’s happened.

2 Likes

Yes, you could request a SAR for free if you wanted.

2 Likes
1 Like

Betteridge’s Law of Headlines?

3 Likes

BBC News - HSBC suspends banker over ‘nut job’ climate comments, say reports

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what does the HSBC Gold offer? I don’t think you can actually apply for it anymore!

1 Like

HSBC app catching up with the competition!

2 Likes