HSBC chat

Dawn of a new era. Got my first notification from the Android app for HSBC UK today (roll out reached me):

3 Likes

Yes - I finally got this update yesterday too :+1:

2 Likes

Clicking on the notification took me to a full screen output of much the same information. Taking a screenshot was blocked by the app

Their Android app has improved a little bit of late, and picked up a couple more features, but genuine lolz that I can see three years of my HSBC transactions in the :mondo: app but only two months in their app

2 Likes

What? Who on earth thought that is in any way useful

2 Likes

You can view all the PDF statements from the last six years fairly easily in the app, so it’s not a total disaster, but I’m unfortunately deadly serious about the two month feed. You can’t even click on the entries for more information

Their app is that sort of mixed bag

Before I had Starling and then Monzo I was stuck with it for a few years. At one point they spent like two years completely replacing the older app with a new one with no progress updates or sneak previews and it still looks like it’s from the nineties

2 Likes

HSBC app - Cheque imaging… :ok_hand:

8 Likes

I noticed this as well and it surprised me - hopefully they change the app so that the same information appears when you press an item in the transaction feed.

3 Likes

This actually does my head in. Why, HSBC, WHY?! :man_facepalming:

7 Likes

HSBC - How Simple Becomes Complicated

6 Likes

New HSBC card designs coming soon:

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 16.39.05

3 Likes

Oh dear. I prefer the existing designs with the lion on.

6 Likes

Source link, please?

A bit of a shame, the ‘old’ design looks good in portrait.

9 Likes

The screenshot is from their recent HSBC Connect newsletter. The best link I can find:

2 Likes

What an odd decision. The lion looks good and is recognisable. The logo is recognisable too, but it makes the card look so dull :sleeping:

8 Likes

I wonder when they’ll start to be sent out

1 Like

Here’s a screenshot from the email I received for the design of the new Premier debit card

4 Likes

They look crap. Such a shame, the lion design was genuinely one of the best card designs in the market, and really well unified across their global product portfolio. As @j06 says, the lion design works great in portrait too (the one shown is the HSBC Hong Kong debit card - one of my personal favourites!).

If it ain’t broke…!

8 Likes

Why do I feel like Monzo will be the only bank with a non vertical design soon :disappointed:.

Personally the metal card would look fine as it is but the hot coral and the holographic card should 100% be vertical with numbers printed on the back

2 Likes

Even if the holographic remains, the hot coral is long overdue a refresh. But I think Barclays will also be one of the last to refresh their designs. Wouldn’t mind the Barclays debit cards so much, but I think Barclaycards just look awful (and at least mine is very low quality)

But perhaps this is for the card design thread now

2 Likes

All this card design chatter has tempted me to go to my HSBC app and I have just noticed iOS now has transaction notifications finally :tada:

2 Likes