Discuss all about Going Cashless

More and more of Asia going cashless, led by China:

Recently had an email from my gym (Virgin Active) saying they are going cashless on the first of July.

We’re introducing a cashless payment system.
From 1 July 2018 we will no longer accept cash payments. Only credit card/debit cards and all contactless payment types will be accepted.
We hope this doesn’t cause any inconvenience.

Doesn’t bother me at all to be honest, not to mention that I’ve never seen anyone there pay cash ever.

I had that e-mail too. Didn’t bother me as I hardly ever go :neutral_face:

In terms of cash, I just carry a tenner in my travel card holder just incase of emergencies.

McDonald’s are doing it too. In my local we have 4 big touch sensitive screens you place order with and then pay by card then collect food

The buses in Manchester are also fully contractless too, one of the last places on the list for not to go cash free

1 Like

I wish they would just have some form of getting your food to you without human interaction too, instead of the people at the collection counter - that way I don’t have to have human interaction before work :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Like some massive McDonalds vending machine that looks a bit like an Amazon locker?

1 Like

Now you are on my wavelength :wink:

1 Like

Feels like a Japan thing

Hang on - there’s an Amazon Locker in my local Morrisons. Are you saying it dispenses McDonald’s??:flushed:

Frankly, you’d never know by looking at it.

Oh well, you live and learn…:smirk:

4 Likes

Rollercoaster Restaurant style?

Ooo now that’s my kind of food venture :wink:

I love the touch screen ordering in McDonald’s. Hate the awkward standing around waiting for your number to be called. Reminds me of the post office or an old bank.

1 Like

I always spend more at McDonald’s when I use the self service. I’m sure there’s evidence that most people do but I always add on extras I’d never do if I was ordering from a person! (5 piece chicken select meal, cheesy bites and mcflurry :drooling_face::drooling_face:)

3 Likes

…or Argos :smirk:

3 Likes

Have a few bob in pocket for bits, coffee here and other stuff. Prefer card, no change to lose i suppose :grin: Mrs hates cards like the plague! Cash me outside type of lass… I suppose you’ll be paying retina system in the future​:thinking:

“The discerning gentleman always carries three forms of currency with him”

1 Like

Having had my life completely destroyed by my bank (not Monzo obviously), the thought of going completely cashless and therefore relying solely on computers scares the sh*t out of me. Technology is great, when it works, but when it goes wrong it can be catastrophic.

3 Likes

My wit, my charm, and my bank card. Covered.

1 Like

‘Cash is just grief’: why shops and bars want to make you pay by card

2 Likes