How much cash you carry on you and how do you feel about going cashless?

(Simon Riddle) #284

I don’t carry cash at all - for things like parking, I used apps like RingGo.

I usually carry some. I use the change for parking, and some shops I use that won’t take card payments under £5.

(Dan) #286

I hate the idea of being made to pay more just because we want to be cashless. Fortunately my local council has card payment machines throughout the town, so I never have to pay parking agencies any ‘administration fees’ for making a payment by card.

(Peter Shillito) #287

A few thoughts on recent posts:

1. Cheshire East have implemented RingGo across all car parks and (and this is the important bit) absorb the processing fees, so you pay the same on mobile as you do in cash. They’ve also been rolling out machines that take card too, so that might change.

2. I use cash for market stalls as most don’t have card, and even when they do the machine isn’t always functional (at Whichurch Makers Market last weekend, the iZettle card machine wasn’t working at a stall I’ve used card at a couple of times before).

3. Really small clubs are cash only just because walking around asking for £2 is easy and costs nothing.

(Kolok) #288

I rarely carry cash, unless I know somewhere I’m going has a chance of being cash only.

There are some outlets in Merry Hill’s Food Corner who are cash only, for example.

(Michael) #290

“Independent” seems to be the new go to word for such things

Happened again with this week’s Access To Cash report that was funded by LINK, but “independent”

Would like to think journalists are clever enough to see through such things, but does that make them cowed?

Independent and impartial are totally separate things

Pet peeve these days…