How do YOU use tags?

Hey. How do you and for what purposes do you use tags? It would be cool to see what smart purposes other people use it for. For myself, I have only found one purpose yet. I use #ChristmasGifts2018 to see how much I spend on Christmas gifts.

1 Like

I started using tags for every transaction but I got fed up remembering to go in and do them and what format Iā€™d used. I wish recurring payments had tags automatically applied but sadly not :confused:

I use them for expenses and gifting mostly but not much else now

2 Likes

I just use a :christmas_tree: for Christmas pressies. Donā€™t really need any others

1 Like

Never have, donā€™t see any need.

1 Like

Only for #Xmas. Anything else seems not worth the effort.

1 Like

I donā€™t use them, I donā€™t see the point

#ImGoingDownThePubInit

2 Likes

Have never used them!

Just used them for holidays and trips away. Handy to group all expenditure relating to that one event even if they span multiple categories and months. Flights two months in advance, hotel months or weeks in advance and all the actual spending money there. Great to easily see how much that holiday or city break amounted to.

1 Like

Like others, I used tags quite a bit when they were first launched but they took too much manual effort to keep up. If I could add tags to recurring payments automatically, or have IFTTT type rules to add tags I might use them more.

Where I do use them is for trips away or for events I want properly categorised.

Iā€™ve used #salary in the past
In some cases #refund if a refund is due

dont use hashtags but i always make a note about transactions that i could forget what they were

I donā€™t. Donā€™t see the point, really.

Can someone explain the use case?

1 Like

What are tags used for?

1 Like

I use them to group transactions with a view to the future.

#insurance #utilities #gas #water etc.

Then it doesnā€™t matter when I change companies as thereā€™s a constant tag.

1 Like

This is a REALLY smart way of organizing your transactions. Granted, many of them could be easily solved by giving the user an option to create custom ca tegories.

1 Like

I donā€™t really use them either, If I use anything regarding transactions itā€™s the note feature I use (although only a handful of times) as I labelled what I spent something on :smiley:

Special occasions. So birthdays, Christmasā€™, holidays etc. So I can search for Christmas 18 or (child name) birthday 18 and I have a list of all the transactions and a total of how much Iā€™ve spent. Quite handy for that purpose.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.