How about The Big List 2 for 2019

I did a list in November - My Life In Monzo

In Summary

• Bringing Categories and Merchants to IFTTT - so rules can be setup easier
  • Bringing account and pot balances to IFTTT - so can move balance of pots etc using rules/ react to an debit balance etc.
  • Ability to do calculations on balances in IFTTT - for example, divide the pot balance by the number of days until payday and set me the value, useful for budgeting.
  • Scheduled Pot transfers are not amendable - unable to amount date/frequency, value or give it a nice name.
  • Associate Pot transfers to scheduled payment - Currently i have a scheduled payment to pay a bill - resulting in two entries in the feed - this can get very confusing on a busy bill day with so many ins and outs
  • Pay into Pot using Monzo Me - ability to get someone to pay you using Monzo Me and it goes into an assigned pot.
  • Ability to pay a Payee using IFTTT - Being able to do ‘Send the Pot balance of pot ‘Debt Payment’ to Barclaycard HQ on payday’ type of rules

In addition to the above, a few more have come to mind since:

• Ability to ‘pin’ payees - I do a lot of transfers, which means that important payee details get lost in the list/drop off - I want to be able to ‘pin’ the important ones so they stay on the list

• Take entire ‘net’ worth into account when charging overdraft - I pot up my money for budgeting, which means my main account has a very low balance (even though my net worth in in Pots), as a result i get charged overdraft even though Monzo has enough money in it in total - it can be solved via transferring balances etc, but just feels very cheeky

• Ability to setup Pots when in debit on main account - if you’re -1p you cannot setup (empty) pots!

• Ability to pay into pot with your overdraft - if you’re -1p you cannot put money into a pot (even if it’s within you over draft limit)

• Scheduling IFTTT triggers - I want to be able to do the following chain:
    Trigger: Salary has been received

• Move balance of ‘Budgeting’ pot into ‘Debt payment’ pot

• Pay Barclaycard with ‘Debt payment’ pot balance

• Put fixed amount into ‘Debt Payment’ pot

• Put fixed amount into ‘Budgeting’ pot

• Setup a daily pot transfer which is ‘Budgeting’ pot balance divided by days until next payday.

or

Trigger: midnight/end of day

• Move account balance to ‘Debt Payment’ pot
  • Pot transfer day’s budget (‘Budgeting’ pot balance divided by days until next payday.) into main account

The order the items are trigger is important.

1 Like