Hot Coral Notification Light (LED) πŸ’‘

Just had a thought, we get Monzo notifications as soon as anything happens on our accounts, be that purchases or your wage coming in, etc. :grin:

But how cool would it be if it triggered the notification light on your phone! (Assuming your phone features one of course :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)
I’d love to see a hot Coral light in the top corner of my Pixel 2 XL :sunglasses:

Is it possible, Monzo Android Team? :grin::crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Pretty sure this would be possible with IFTTT?

Yeah you can, I think I saw this when I was messing about the other day

Is there a standard API for LED color in Android, or is it down to each manufacturer to provide their own SDK?

1 Like

Standard APIs

On Android 8.1 you can customize what notification settings monzo has and you can enable the light…

The Monzo app doesn’t flash the notification light at all on stock Android :slight_smile: nor is there any option to make it do so :slight_smile:

Screenshot_20180614-160346

It is? I didn’t know that IFTTT could trigger the notification led on a phone :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ll have to look into this :slight_smile:

Edit: not found an applet which would allow me to trigger the notification light, let alone a custom colour :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You can get it to trigger you Hue lights!

IFTTT would be too slow to be useful in my opinion.

1 Like

You should be able to press on each type of notification and edit what it can do?

Screenshot_Settings_20180614-192949

This would be an awesome addition.

Sorry yeah I missed that step :see_no_evil: but I’ve still not seen my Monzo app trigger the led at all! :stuck_out_tongue:
Even just white, it would be cool if Monzo took advantage of this and potentially added a custom Monzo-ey colour :wink:

I think Monzo still need to implement it.