What do you do? Are you a sole proprietor, contractor, limited company?
Tech consultant - limited company
What are the big pain points in managing your business finances? (think about things like invoices, expenses, payroll, taxes, etc.)
- Tools like Xero & FreeAgent do a good job of the accounting processes. Key would be good integration with those.
- What tools do you currently use to manage your business finances?
- What do you like / dislike about your current business bank account?
I don’t like anything about my business bank account. But there are many things I dislike with a passion:
Non-functional: for ethical reasons I don’t want to be a customer of the high street banks because of their exploitative business models and lending practices.
Secondly business banking seems crazily and unnecessarily expensive, with made-up charges, “maintenance fees” and more.
And finally the available tools and processes: bureaucratic account opening processes; dated apps; archaic statement and balancing processes; no real-time updates; offshore call centres; having to phone up and stay on hold for ages just to change my address - only for them to still get it wrong(); restrictive business banking service hours; and in some banks’ cases, still an insistence on sending paper via snail mail no matter how many times you ask them that you’d prefer digital comms only.
- If you could request one key feature for your business current account, what would it be? Are there any other features you look for in a BCA?
- In addition to the real-time, friendly, app-driven features of the Monzo personal account, maybe provide a decent and affordable card/online/(crypto?) payment solution that integrates directly?