Help us test physical Flex cards 👀

@TomMills will we still be able to keep the virtual card if we order the physical card? Also, will there be a metal flex card for those on premium?

3 Likes

An ambitious question!

6 Likes

I love the flex on my account. Works just like a credit card! Now we have the option for a card too whoop whoop . Hope we can still keep the virtual card too as this is connected to my Apple Pay

1 Like

Will the physical Flex not have the same numbers, expiry etc. as the virtual? I wonder if that’s possible.

3 Likes

You can carry on using the virtual card after ordering a physical one. Once you activate it in the app your virtual card will be updated with your physical card details. So you’ll only ever have one set of Flex card details.

We’ll automatically update Google Pay or Apple Pay with your new card details :magic_wand:, but you’ll need to update the details if you’ve saved them in checkouts anywhere.

No metal cards - all Flex cards are the same.

That would’ve been very cool, but sadly a security risk sending a card with active card details through the post!

18 Likes

I assume you mean continue using the virtual card after ordering a physical one :eyes: :zipper_mouth_face:

9 Likes

:see_no_evil:

5 Likes

Card looks great, have my name in for one.

5 Likes

The cards will be made out of a bendy type of plastic so you can physically flex them?

11 Likes

This is so cool!!
Love the Community engagement once again - thanks!

7 Likes

I wish we’d thought of that :bulb:

:warning: Please don’t flex your Flex cards… or you’ll be ordering a replacement very quickly :warning:

23 Likes

Brillant news, and the card looks great.

If this could default to “pay in full next month” with the option to edit the payment plan - even better. (Or allow selection of your own preference as default.)

If that’s an option, I’d default to using this as my preferred card, over my M&S Mastercard.

Signed up so fingers crossed!

8 Likes

Amazing!! This now means that when I go away end of the month, I can use this card for the deposit at the cabin! (If i get it!)

Nice work team! :tada:

4 Likes

Does this mean I can use my Flex card as a deposit hold credit card for hotels and the like? I assume given all the S75 stuff, the actual physical card is a credit card?

Would it work for deposits or does the process of that cause a wonky?

7 Likes

You should be able to - was confirmed an other thread that it’s all good…

4 Likes

I can order a Metal Flex Card also? Just filled the form :see_no_evil: so exiting

1 Like

No. @TomMills confirmed up the thread that all Flex cards are the same; no metal.

6 Likes

Ok thanks, I can accept that :joy:

2 Likes

Why are people thinking Flex will come with a metal version? Metal cards cost Monzo a lot, and you’re paying a monthly fee to have one on Premium.

6 Likes

This reminds me of those bendy pencils they used to have in my school library!

Fun to play with but always eventually snapped. Would have a pretty nice and unique gimmick to the card though.

3 Likes