Hello Monzo, TransferWise here! [Discussion]

If you still haven’t received a response from our support, please DM me your email address associated with your TransferWise account and I can investigate further.

Do you have a further plans to enhance your user interface
With widgets and instant notifications I was wondering if TransferWise might consider a similar approach to making ones expenses more presentable

1 Like

Hello, I just showed a colleague my Transferwise Borderless card and he would like one - would it be possible to fast-track his position in the queue? He’s already got a verified account with an EUR and GBP balance active.

Thanks! :+1:t2:

This thread is for discussions and questions about the product, not for product or account support. As @alexs points out, these are best directed to them thru their official support channels.

3 Likes

Hey hey,

We don’t fast track people as we don’t feel it’s fair to the people who signed up before him, that being said we also don’t artificially delay people either, if he adds his name to the signup sheet and meets our requirements (has a borderless account, is in EEA etc) it shouldn’t be long before he receives an email with his invite.

:wink:

3 Likes

We have recently built our notification system actually.

I am not sure exactly when, but push notifications are not far off (I believe they are already implemented for some percentage of our users).

We will also work on some sort of expense tracking system at some point in the near future which will show you where and what you are spending your money on more clearly.

Do you have any suggestions on what else would be useful for you in this regard?

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! What signup sheet are you talking about though? He upgraded to Borderless on the iOS Transferwise app and there was never any form mentioning the card. :frowning:

It’s in the original post now, here you go.

1 Like

We have Revolut, Starling and Monzo with very distinctive daily expense pulse/graphs/lists
And all seem to employ a means of demonstrating expenditure that is categorised so that users can see where the funds are going

All tried and tested …

The iOS widget and instant notifications is almost a must to have when comparing and using Fintech products

If this could be incorporated into a Borderless TransferWise account, we could be on a winner

For me, it’s the speed of transfer. I’m moving to Aus for a year soon and will be using TransferWise as my main service whilst there when transferring money to/from home.

If I transfer £1000 to an Australian bank account with TransferWise, it arrives within the same day.

If I use another service, such as Revolut, it takes a week unless I have a premium account and that still takes three days I believe.

Edit: Just to add… I can do this without a borderless account by just using the normal TransferWise service but by having a borderless account I can set up myself with Australian bank details before I even arrive there and begin transferring money over to use as soon as I get there.

2 Likes

Maybe we can take this to a direct message so I can get some details off you and figure out what might be happening? (sorry for late reply)

Hey Chad, have you tried receiving the voice call? If that isn’t working, it’s best to get in touch directly with us on support@transferwise.com so that we can make sure the messages are being sent as they should be.

Once you do get logged in, I’d definitely recommend moving to app.based 2fa. you’ll be able to do this form your TransferWise app and it’ll make your life waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier!

All done
But what does it mean with regards what can I do now

Hello all, hoping someone can help with a couple of slightly different questions here.

What is the Transferwise card made from? It feels “softer” and more bendy than my other debit cards? It looks like it’s just 1 bit of card/plastic, whereas all of my other cards (Revolut, Monzo, Starling) look like they are 2 thin cards/plastic stuck together.

Also, the surrounding edge of the chip is covered on the Transferwise card (the same as old debit cards of the past). However, with the Revolut, Monzo and Starling cards, you can see the surrounding chip pattern (looks a bit like a thumb print).

Does anyone know if this is a design feature, or if it serves some sort of purpose?

It’s not the chip you’re looking at its the contact pad. Anything around the six contacts actually used is purely decorative.

In my experience the sandwich cards are the rare ones. The large contact pad used to be common but is rare now. It seems older contactless cards always had it so maybe it was needed to conceal the radio if just slightly too big?

2 Likes

I can see here that on the borderless account you offer a European IBAN. Does that mean someone can send me money from any country into my EU IBAN?
https://transferwise.com/gb/borderless/?source=publicNavbar

1 Like

As long as the sender converts it to Euros first (according to their site).

1 Like

My question is this: can TransferWise handle a GBP payment from Qatar to the UK? And if so, how?

Not at the moment, their Sterling account can only be used for outgoing Faster Payments, or incoming Faster Payments, BACS and CHAPS.

You could ask the sender to make a Euro transfer and then convert it to Sterling via TransferWise.

The website says they can only receive euro payments only from the Eurozone.

1 Like