Handelsbanken - General Chat

Forgive me, could not find this via searching and we are a finance forum. Best wishes.

https://www.handelsbanken.co.uk/en/

2 Likes

Become a customer
Find out more about becoming a Handelsbanken customer or call 0800 470 8000 to speak to our Customer Support team.

Need to call them to discuss to see if you fit the bill. It’s likely not a one type fits all, unlike most other private banking.

2 Likes

I have emailed and been very upfront. It is a shame they cannot specify, you must hold a deposit greater than X. Suppose we could change the question to, would they accept an ordinary bloke?

1 Like

Anyone can apply to join, as with any business, they can refuse to offer you a service. They meet with every potential customer, before even making an offer. They aren’t some run of the mill high street bank when is boils down to it.

4 Likes

I’ve never heard of them. Just looked and there’s one in my town.
What’s the advantages of them? Customer service and better rates?

2 Likes

Seem to be a weird mix of old school direct branch support and some level of modernity . No explicit entry criteria from what I can see and if you like banking like it’s the 1960s then they’re probably for you.

EDIT: I think there’s a monthly fee of £40 going off another post here

2 Likes

This is literally the opposite to their business model, which is very much “meet with us and we’ll see if and how we can serve you”.

3 Likes

We have a regular customer who is our local ‘Lord’ or ‘Earl’ and noticed he has one of these cards.

They aren’t for the everyday person I imagine

2 Likes

Reviving this thread as in my quest for more debit card designs I decided to contact my local branch.

Initial phone conversation in which I mentioned my assets did not result in an outright dismissal; so maybe that’s good news?

They’re going to send an application form that I need to print and snail mail in. Then they’ll do their due diligence. Curious how this process goes and if they’ll tell me to go away at the end of it all.

4 Likes

Me too, please keep us updated!

1 Like

I will do! They’re quite old fashioned in that the application needs to be wet signed and even an iPad/Pencil e-signed PDF isn’t acceptable.

The due diligence sounds like it will be more detailed than my last mortgage application but I’m told it’s all part of their personal service to build that relationship.

3 Likes

I occasionally loop back round to thinking about Handelsbanken, but generally forget about it again. Interested to hear how you get on.

1 Like

Constantly looking for digital staff at the moment, big investment going on it seems

2 Likes

No application form yet despite call a few hours ago. Will chase this evening if it doesn’t come today…

Your personal banker is having their lunch and then doing their computer display equipment H&S e-learning.

6 Likes

Shhhh you’re outing a couple of us on here now! Only I don’t work for Handelsbanken. E learnings on DSE are the best :wink:

ÂŁ25 per month account fee is a difficult pill to swallow.

I really like the ethos of Handelsbanken and they sell what they do very well. But they don’t advertise interest rates and such as I think that’s also down to branches to set. And I don’t think they offer any benefits like insurances etc bundled in.

So it’s a bit of a lucky dip as to what one gets for the money beyond the advertised personal touch.

2 Likes

I get the impression they’re like banks probably were in the 60’s

National control to an extent but very much local bank manager relationship as to what you get.

2 Likes

Were you accepted?