Gotta catch 'em all — The Monzo Current Account Preview testing challenge 🏆

Anyone can edit @alexs 's thread that I linked above and it asks for:

• Direct Debits not working;
  • Monzo’s BIN (the 6 digit number at the beginning of your card (535522)) not working as a payment and;
  • Banks who don’t allowing Monzo as a payee.

Those will be the same on both the new and old version of the debit card as I’m guessing the change in the new card is all to do with the chip.

Maybe a fourth option of outlets which don’t accept Monzo (noting new card or old debit card version) could be an option @alexs ?

3 Likes

I’ll catch up with all the reports later today/tomorrow! But we have a new test request for withdrawing cash at the Post Office (over the counter) :slight_smile: I’ll add it to the top list now

3 Likes

@BrittonJ — Uber — working (but ugly)
@adambowles — Superdrug Contactless — working
@tomw — Costco Pay at Pump — not working
@Jkb114— Sky Bet — not working
@chistery — Tesco Bank — not working
@thejayo — National Lottery — not working
@top_cat — Paddy Power & Stan James — not working
@Frankiejr — EE — not working

If you’re tagged, please drop me an email at tristan@monzo.com with your t-shirt request from monzo.com/shop (I’ll wait until we’ve got a bunch and then send them all out together :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Does this mean the intention for the current accounts is that we will be able to use the Post Office to withdraw cash? If so, great news! :tada: Would be good to know what the cost implication is for :monzo:, though, as I do try to use the lowest-cost option if withdrawing cash (my understanding is that bank ATMs are cheaper than third-party, e.g. CashZone, ones).

1 Like

// Minor tangent

I work for one of the big four supermarkets and was fascinated to find out the difference between costs and commissions for various forms of cash withdrawal, having never even occurred to me that they’d be rated differently. The logic that restricting cash-back amounts at the tills and preventing self-checkouts from issuing it increases the amount of revenue we get through our cashpoints.

6 Likes

@tristan another no go, post office cash from counter didn’t work :slight_smile:

Tried the terminal and they swiped it behind the counter, neither were successful

IMG_20170817_124530

2 Likes

@nexusmaniac Are you sure you’ve got a new new new Monzo card (with your name on it or the word Monzo Bank)? (See original post)

1 Like

I’m very sure, says “MONZO BANK” in all caps bottom left :slight_smile:

I picked it up 2 days ago :slight_smile:

I just popped to the post office on my lunch. It didn’t work either,both with the mag stripe or the chip machine. The lady working there loved the card colour though!
IMG_20170817_150034

2 Likes

IMG_0655

Parking meter at University of Stirling worked :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I used an automated petrol station pay at pump called Go. The initial transaction tracked at £1 but no sign of the £48 actual cost showing up yet (4Image hours later).

Normally it takes a couple of days for it to update when they present the transaction

2 Likes

That’s a great idea thank you. I’ve created that Wiki now -

Merchants Who Don't Yet Accept the Debit Card

Edit

Now merged into this Wiki -

2 Likes

Topping up on delight mobile (UK mobile network) doesn’t work on either the preview or the prepaid card.

Skybet is now working

Screenshot_20170818-111027

1 Like

I’m not sure I could do it with the prepaid either. I seem to remember it failing every time.

Received a debit card last night at the Android event, and was going to participate in this, but was disappointed to find out it’s not one of these 2nd gen cards. In case it is useful I tried lyft just now and registration worked fine with a 1st gen card including the active card check.

What’s the difference between 1st gen and 2nd gen cards apart from the aesthetic changes?

The differences between the 1st & 2nd generation of cards are explained in Richard’s tweet, in this post :zap:

1 Like

Just tried to set up my o2 account direct debit. Failed it didn’t recognise Monzo Bank.

There have been a few posts saying it doesn’t work on the website but does over the chat or on the phone to customer services.