Google Stadia 🎮

Had an email about hardware refunds, looks like they’re about to start processing these. Clarifies that if they have issues refunding, another email will be sent with the next steps to take.

Same got the email before, all my purchases have been on an old cancelled CC I no longer have so I expect I’ll be getting another email at some point. Only refund I’ve seen so far was to my Google Play balance.

1 Like

My refund for the hardware has been sent. I’ve no idea to what card as it only lists the last 4 digits, which none of them match up

I suspect it’s my Barclaycard which I closed down ages ago, but no idea :sweat_smile:

I’ll have to wait for the 14 days to pass and then contact Google if they’ve not already contacted me because of a refund failure.

30th November they emailed me about my refund to my long cancelled CC. :sweat_smile:

18th November they refunded my games to my cancelled CC as well. Heard nothing from Google about failed refunds so can only assume it went through. :woozy_face:

Luckily for me, all my refunds came to my Monzo card, so I saw them pop up in short order each time.

Slightly annoyingly, the hardware refund made it look like I’d be getting more than I actually did - I’d forgotten I’d purchased it as a reduced price, and the refund email listed the full RRP first before itemising the deductions and the actual price paid/refund due.

Even if I never use the controller again, I’m still up a free Chromecast. Not too shabby.

Just had another email, refund failed. It had a link to take me to a payments centre. I’ve selected my Monzo card now for the refund.

2 Likes

Based on how quick you got the next email it looks like my refund has gone successfully to my CC I cancelled 2+ years ago.

It would seem like that, I was fully expecting to have to wait 14 working days, to then contact Google to say well you’ve sent it to a card that doesn’t exist, followed by a head banging experience.

I’ve gotten lucky at least, the refund email was at 1725, the refund failed email arrived at 1810.

3 Likes

Funnily enough my old CC is also a Barclaycard.

1 Like

Well it wasn’t Barclaycard, just checked my credit report, the last 4 digits don’t match up with that card. Although I can’t match it up with any card details at all, so god knows what card I used at the time.

Did you use Apple/Google Pay by any chance? They would have their own virtual number assigned

1 Like

No, ruled that out already. I know I physically picked a card up and typed the details out, it’s just annoying me that I can’t remember. Not that it really matters in the grand scheme as it’s getting sent to Monzo, but still it would be nice to recall :joy:

Got my email to switch payment method, picked the card I currently have saved on Google. Weirdly expected a confirmation email but nothing since.

1 Like

It confirms it on the screen after selecting, I suppose they thought let’s not bother sending another email

2 Likes

Final nail in the :coffin: - got the email informing of the refund for my first Stadia purchase - the blue founders edition package - was processed. Sniff. Goodbye Stadia - RIP :cloud: :video_game:

[Still playing Cyberpunk 2077 until January tho]

2 Likes

I’ve run out of things to do on Cyberpunk 2077. Incredible game but it’s pretty short! Can’t wait for the expansion

1 Like

Refund arrived :raised_hands:

Mine too, very pleased with that.

1 Like

My final refund arrived at lunch. So all completely refunded now. Sad to see it go, but no bitter taste given how G has dealt with the sunsetting.

2 Likes