Google Pixel 6

Hi Stuart

Did you ever find the answer to this? I’m trying to register my Pixel 5 and it’s asking me the same thing.

Thanks

Jake

I was told I could select either option.

1 Like

Many thanks Stuart.

Just used call screening for the first time. Absolutely amazing feature. Can’t wait to catch scammers out without picking up the phone

2 Likes

They just put the phone down, generally within the 1st few seconds of it saying it’s call screening.

One annoying thing about it is, some genuine calls think it’s voicemail so they leave a full message when asked what they are calling for and put the phone down before you can answer it. There’s no call screening log of the transcribed conversation from what I can tell. So you just have to wait for them to ring you again :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s fun to play with. It’s like having my own IVR :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

It’s taken this long… But Google finally sent me an advanced replacement for the phone I received back in 2021 :tada:

It was a faff but after 3 or 4 escalations they eventually sided with me and got a new phone sent out :relieved: This one is perfect and pristine :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Have you changed roles at :monzo: @nexusmaniac? Congrats if so

Also glad your phone got sorted

3 Likes

Good spot, I have! :wink:

Thank you :hot_coral_heart:

6 Likes

Congratulations! :tada::tada::tada:

5 Likes

:partying_face: :tada: :moneybag:

3 Likes

I gave up on google support replacing my phone, so am waiting for ifixit to make batteries available (would rather not get something from ebay) or maybe I’ll look at the pixel 7 if it comes first.

(Currently on iphone - dogfooding it essentially as I have to write apps that work on both platforms and haven’t used ios in anger in years).

I’ve just been pondering on an android device, I’d need a really good watch though as I quite like the Apple Watch.

Pixel 6 looks good, I do remember ordering a pixel phone a few years ago, had it for about a day and sent it back as it wasn’t quite up to scratch.

I’d need Face ID too as I much prefer it over fingerprint. Apple handles this so well.

Any Apple to Pixel switchers here? :crossed_fingers:t3:

I moved from the iPhone 12 to pixel 6 and have always had iPhones previously well in recent times after the galaxy J6. I love the android experience on the pixel 6. I work in marketing so camera is a must and gotta admit it’s really good and competes with iPhone 12 which surprised me. I would recommend if u fancy a move to android. I would probably stick with pixels now if they make another device like this.

However, pixel 6 doesn’t have face ID and the fingerprint is well unreliable at times.

I’m iPhone pro max 12 at the moment but I’d happily sell the phone, series 5 watch and the AirPods for a nice penny and move across.

Not sure if I’d be a mood over the fingerprint thing :sweat_smile:

Before this I had Samsung s10 5G and was a lover of it, I chop and change and it’s more appealing now you can move WhatsApp over to android (not sure if all phones can do it though)

The fingerprint has got better with updates I think anyway using it. But it’s definitely far from perfect especially when u have a screen protector like me.

Depends if you can put up with it or wait for the pixel 7. Even the Pixel 6a may have some fixes :thinking:

Looks a much less spec phone than my pro max, though tbf I might not even notice the difference.

I’m a nerd in the background so things like Network Signal Guru will work on pixel but don’t on iphone due to restrictions :sweat_smile:

Band locking :pray:t3: Miss that off my Samsung

Iphone lasted less than a month… I tried, but no. Back on a pixel 6.

The fingerprint works perfectly for me… I still kinda prefer it on the back, but getting used to it. Not come across any bugs with it so far… it’s a little heavy (one of the things I disliked about the iphone, and the pixel 6 is almost the same weight, sigh.).

The 6a having no wireless charging may rule it out for many. It’s just too damned convenient not having to futz with cables all the time…

I have a wireless charger at my desk, but it’s on angle so I can use it while charging so very convenient.

Would be a must for me, same goes for Face ID as it makes it simple.

I’m sure if I was wearing my Samsung watch it would auto unlock my phone. Could be completely wrong though.

Edit: Smart lock

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062631/

Wonder if google will have similar with its watch.

I had a P6P and at first thought it was awesome.

Now I won’t buy any google product until the second or 3rd gen.

Fingerprint sensor is awful, bugs are still there, signal is not as good as my S22 in the same place on the same network. Fast charging is a joke - only fast charges to 50% then to a crawl, so useless if popping back home before heading out in an evening.

Samsung also have longer updates than Google.

Personally as well the screen is too big, but that is just my opinion.

I like the look of the buds, but won’t touch them until the second gen - fool me once and all that.

Go android, but don’t go pixel.

1 Like