Google Pixel 6

This literally just popped up in my news feed, it’s exactly what I experienced yesterday.

So likelihood is 3 network didn’t go down in my area and it was the actual phone playing up. I did reboot several times which didn’t solve the problem straight away like mentioned in the article.

1 Like

The weirdness I’m seeing is my physical SIM is disabled in settings and it will randomly turn itself on maybe once in 2 weeks on average, when trying to turn it back off the slider just jumps back to on and I have to reboot for it to them off.

Big update hits from today onwards, plenty bugs have been ironed out, so guess I’ll see what difference it makes with the few I’ve got.

2 Likes

OTA update is out.

2 Likes

Fix for the fingerprint unlocking had improved the speed of it unlocking massively. It’s near instantaneously unlocking with no failed attempts.

It does seem to have improved fingerprint scanning on my 6 Pro somewhat

I deleted my previous five imprints for my two thumbs for just two new imprints, one each

The processing for capturing the imprint seems to have changed a fair bit

I’ve not redone mine, I have multiple registered. Might do them again at some point see if that makes it even better.

1 Like

eSIM all downloaded, ended up going with Vodafone on a 24 month plan. I remembered we get 15% off orders through a work scheme, so got a decent deal to start with and then also worked out cheaper once the discount was applied.

Think I’ll ditch Three altogether when my contact with them was the SIM is at an end.

Voda is giving me faster speeds and better coverage.

Edit - forgot to add it was one of the entertainment package SIM cards an all, so I’ve gone with YouTube premium. Not a big fan of Spotify so skipped on that one, I didn’t need Prime or cheaper Netflix. So that’s an extra bonus.

2 Likes

I did notice connectivity issues once, but I put it down to the area I’ve not noticed it multiple times but I’m usually on WiFi.

sorry to reserect an old thread but with the android 12 issues samsung are having rather than throwing my s21 ultra against a wall , im looking at changing it soon to the pixel 6 pro i see some of you have had it for a long time now is it any good ?

1 Like

It is the best phone I have had by a long stretch

No particular issues in the four months I have had it

The fingerprint scanner was already wildly better than I had on the Moto G6 Plus and the Pixel 5 and it has improved further with recent patches, but it would be a lie to say that it is fine and happy 100% of the time

The camera is great, but absolutely loves some lens flare at night. Personal taste

Battery life is not especially good or bad. It generally lasts me all day right now, but I can still hammer it with heavy use

It is way too large for using with one hand and I sometimes feel I might drop it. It had a tendency to be a big slippery mess when placed on any surface, but the official case has mostly sorted that (but not before a slip out of my pocket added a small scratch to the screen…

3 Likes

Seconded. Absolutely love my Pixel 6 Pro.

2 Likes

thanks both :slight_smile:

I’m going to be selling my P6 Pro.

It just feel in beta, randomly get no data despite full signal. Bluetooth headphones will just drop on a few different headphones I have for no reason.

Charging isn’t good for me I have the wireless charger and USB C chargers (30w,96w) and the way it charges doesn’t work for me. It goes to full pelt up to 50 then drops off a cliff. Prime example is last night I was out during the day and had about 25% battery. Was only in for maybe 30-45 mins and the battery got to about 60% which isn’t enough depending on the activity like a concert or a photo heavy evening. It needs an option to override and just let it fast charge until 80%

The screen is also too big for me as well but that is subjective. With Samsung now offering longer Android updates than Google I’m switching to an S22+.

Although if you want a P6 Pro in black with a Gen 2 wireless stand let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it true the camera rattles when you shake the phone?

It’s normal, a lot of phones do it as it’s for the OIS.

1 Like

If I could hear it during general usage that would annoy me so much :grimacing:

Yes, that is the telephoto lens, but you cannot hear it unless you are specifically shaking it

1 Like

When I first heard about it it was made out to be a lot worse than that lol. Thanks for clearing that up

good luck with the s22 hopefully they fix the andriod 12 / google play issues that me and many others are having , i have to factory re set after every update so close to throwing the s21 ultra against the wall and seeing if it bounces lol