Google Pixel 4 / Pixel 4 XL

I’d be very interested to hear your take on the Oh-So-Orange colour in real life, the ‘feel’ of the phone and using face unlock. Amazingly, I’m still on the fence about ditching my Pixel 2XL!

1 Like

I’ll let you know on Thursday!

1 Like

Just been confirmed that my Pixel 4 XL will be delivered tomorrow (bought direct from Google Store) so can give a quick review on Face Unlock when it arrives.

3 Likes

I just cancelled my Pixel 4 order. I was so excited, but I’ve just read a load of reviews about battery life and that’s the one thing that can really bug me on a phone (my phone going dead is just the worst thing ever).

Many reviews are saying with reasonable usage it’s dead by mid afternoon or early evening. I’m just too worried about this as I’m a fairly heavy user and often out all day, so I’ve cancelled for now and will await more reviews / tests before switching. Let me know how you all get on though!

1 Like

But how will you know if it unlocks with your eyes closed? To find out, you’ll need to open your eyes, then it’ll unlock. They’ve made Schrodinger’s phone :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t think I’m sold on the Pixel 4XL or even the One plus 7t pro :astonished:

There’s a very high chance I’ll be sticking with my Pixel 3XL for another year :sweat_smile:

90Hz would be nice but I think I can survive until the 5 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: hopefully they bring back fingerprint support! I can’t believe how much I use it to quickly pull down the notification tray :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t blame you. I think we’re past the point of there being meaningful upgrades every year. I skipped the 3 and am still using the 2XL, so it’s time for me to feel the benefits! But if I was on the 3, I probably wouldn’t.

3 Likes

I’m the same. The fingerprint reader/scroller is an important (and well used) feature on my 2XL and now missing on the 4. I’m waiting for real-world feedback before I initially jump but I’m sure I’m only delaying the inevitable. That ‘coral’ colour :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Reviews are coming in!

My Pixel 4 XL arrived in a cereal box today with a small packet of cereal. I’m not sure I understand :neutral_face:

I’ve seen no reviews of the cereal yet…

7 Likes

Well that packaging is… different :smile:

That is hilarious. Did you order from Google direct? I’m not sure I’ll get that with my contract upgrade :joy:

Yep, from the Google store. I ordered the day after the event so I want first in line either. A few of these must have gone out.

2 Likes

More people receiving a nice (albeit expensive) breakfast;

1 Like

I saw some YouTubers got theirs in dominos boxes along with pizzas too, very weird :joy:

It says unlimited Google photo storage on that, I thought they were removing that with the pixel 4?

Unless they just mean in standard quality if so that’s lame, that’s available to everyone.

Edit: it is reading the above.

The * says photos stored in high quality not original so it’s a bit cheeky. Every device gets that!

1 Like

Got my pack of cereals today with a phone as an extra! :eyes:

7 Likes

This would be really annoying. Having the screen this bright will definitely mean you’ll be traveling around with a battery charger. I can’t believe they didn’t try and get a larger battery into this phone.

1 Like

I think the general idea with low battery sizes is that it forces people to upgrade sooner, because battery life reduction makes the phone difficult to keep using in a years time or so. Shame to see Google still employing this mentality though, most manufacturers have gone for bigger batteries in the last few years.

I mean it doesn’t really, you can get your battery replaced from the manufacturer and also they’re banking on their efficiency to help with battery life as well as the fact that from what it looks like from the reviews, if you’re not a heavy user the normal sized pixel is actually ok in terms of battery.

If you’re that paranoid about a company trying to do that to its own customer, then I’d suggest you buy that energiser phone which has an 18000mAh battery lol