Google Pay / Wallet

This probably belongs here

Google is having another go at finance/fintech/digital wallet.

Google, messaging next please :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just got an update and Google Pay has changed to Google Wallet.
Screenshot_20220720-213345_One UI Home~2

1 Like

Isn’t Apple Pay storage known as Apple Wallet? :thinking:

Surely not copying them :roll_eyes:

Appears so…

This has been incoming since the last ElGoog presentation. More Material You theme’img going on and I do like the ‘Edit card order’ feature (at the end of the card carousel)

It’s an improvement over ‘Google Pay’ visually. I like it.

I don’t. I think it’s horrendous.

Tiles for loyalty cards too big.

No quick way to get through your cards now, having to swipe through to desired card.

And have to swipe to end of payment cards to reach the Edit Order button :man_facepalming:

Unless I’m missing something :man_shrugging:

Loyalty cards are as easy to reorder, I suppose.

New thread started by @j06 :blush:

Everything looks a bit too big at the moment but Ill probably get used to it. It seems a bit more streamlined so should be a tiny bit easier to use (not that the other one was difficult).

1 Like

Android is just so far behind Apple with the wallet. Things like boarding passes are so easy with Apple, and not so much with Android. Why aren’t companies like BA adding integration to Google Wallet?

There’s also Apple Express Mode, so much easier to pay when travelling.

1 Like

Android doesn’t require auth on low value payments (like real contactless cards) so express transit mode is kind of moot.

I’ve been able to add boarding passes, Covid pass, Tesco/Co-op/Ikea/Costa/etc loyalty cards with one-tap. The new update doesn’t change that speed.

It’s more of a visual & branding change.

‘Pay’ = pay for things
‘Wallet’ = pay for things and store things

3 Likes

Makes no difference to anything, it’s just a name at the end of the day

Yep updating everyone outside of US and one other country (which I can’t recall right now)