Golden Ticket changes 🎫

:ok_hand:

Very disappointed to hear this, and even more disappointed that I found out only after referring someone and not receiving my £5 bonus (even though the app still said I would receive one when the person I referred started the signup process).

There should be some incentive for the referrer, even if it isn’t in the form of cash (perhaps a free month of Monzo plus or some free Monzo merch?). The referrers are the ones helping you grow your user base, and they really should be rewarded for doing so.

2 Likes

I’m sure Monzo will honour this if you contact them, I believe they have with others.

I agree - especially as at this point most of us will have exhausted our close friends and family and trying to convince others will probably be a harder slog!

2 Likes

It’s usually after they’ve made thier first purchase from their new monzo account. I’m sure you’ll get it.

To help your friend out.

Keep your friends close and you’re mortal enemies closer.

I love “what’s in it for me?” people. /s

Such an unpleasant position.

1 Like

I’d agree with you. But what would I get out of it? :joy:

6 Likes

This just appeared in app for me. I think this wording is incorrect; “You’ll still get £5…” isn’t true.

edit: also just noticed the dates on it have already elapsed.

2 Likes

Not sure I understand what you’re saying. It reads fine to me?

“You will get £5 for anyone who has already used your code”

i.e. If they’re still at step 1 of the process and the 6th of September deadline passes. They’ll still honour it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Perhaps I’ve missed something. The original post at the top of this thread says;

“From today, when you refer a friend to Monzo, they’ll get £5 from us as soon as they use their card in store, online, or with Apple Pay or Google Pay. (You won’t get £5 for referring them any more).”

However the wording in the image I attached says:
You’ll still get £5 for anyone who’s already used the referral link”

2 Likes

I received the same notification today.

It’s not correct - based on their changes, it should read “They’ll still get £5”. They are not giving £5 to the referrer for anyone who started the signup process after 15th August.

Ahhh I see what you’re saying now :see_no_evil:

I’m sure someone will pop in shortly to clear up any confusion :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was thinking the exact same when it popped up earlier, it is not right

I had the same pop-up today. According to this message I should have got my referral bonus for signing up my wife recently but I didn’t. But I’m not complaining because when I sent her the referral link I was already told that only she will get the sign up bonus. :relieved:

Was disappointed to see this in-app tonight.

If this is a knee jerk reaction to abuse then a much better tact would’ve been to explore fair use/restrictive measures.

There has to be some metrics for genuine referrals vs abnormally high referrals. Is Monzo continuing to grow through incentivised referrals really a bad thing?

1 Like

I saw it yesterday.

The main takeaway being that Monzo told me on 10 September that the rules changed back on 5 September.

Monzo seem to behave much more like a tech company, and much less like a bank every day. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Surely this isn’t true?

Must be, someone on the internet said it and that’s always true

8 Likes

8.5k gullible people thus far :joy: