Glastonbury '19

Never been to Glasto!

Want to though.

1 Like

Nice signs of the site coming together. :heart_eyes:

You can follow it here.

1 Like

Iā€™d never find anyone in those crowds if it werenā€™t for the good souls carrying flags :rofl:

2 Likes

The full line-upā€™s now been announced: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2019/?stage :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Anyone know if Glasto stands / stalls / bars will have merchant data? :joy:

2 Likes

Ah am glad this topic exists on the forum. So Monzo users what are you doing about money?

Iā€™ve always taken cash with me, about 50% of the amount Iā€™ll need at the start and then I just stomach the ATM fee to take out the remainder during the festival, mainly for safety reasons.

The last festival was 2 years ago and Iā€™ve been living largely cash-free since then. I wonder how many stands will accept cards this year? It certainly feels like card acceptance has boomed over the last year or two, could it be possible that we wonā€™t need cash at all?

I take everything I need - actually a bit more - with a couple of notes in my wallet and the remainder in a money belt. The belt is less because Iā€™m worried about theft than the fact I might lose my wallet.

You can but belts that looks and feel like a normal belt, but have a compartment around the back (see below)

While there are ATMs that charge you, thereā€™s also a NatWest right at the top of the Pyramid field, with free cash withdrawals - though queues can get quite long during the day.

Iā€™m hoping more of the bars and stalls will accept contactless this year, thoughā€¦ Eager to get my Monzo card out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only went the first two years it came back with the new fence in the early 2000s

Buying tickets proved oh so simple then

This year I shall be at a different investival that weekend, but will watch what I can on the tellybox :slight_smile:

Good shout there on the belt. I say safety partially because I might lose it and partially because a few years back I had stuff nicked from my tent whilst I was asleep inside it. I now keep all my valuables in my sleeping bag with me.

I did attempt to find those free ones once but I just couldnā€™t find them :man_shrugging:t5:

Iā€™m going. In the cyclist campsite :grin:. Canā€™t wait, just hope the rain is getting out the UK weather system now.

Whoā€™s everyone most excited to see? And how is everyone getting there? Iā€™m going on the coach!

Iā€™ve marked it with an arrow below:

1 Like

Thanks for this, I think the mistake I made in the past was being too far to the east by the police desk to find them.

As for getting there, Iā€™ll be driving four up. My girlfriend actually has the longest trip of the group, sheā€™s flying in from Vienna on Tuesday night and then we leave in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Iā€™m really excited about the lineup, okay the top tier might not quite be there but there are so many artists I want to see this year. The Killers, Stormzy, Maggie Rogers, Billie Eilish, Sigrid, Kylie, Lewis Capaldi, Nina Contiā€¦ I could go on. Iā€™m also looking forward to seeing some of the artists I work with (Iā€™m in the music industry), Ferris & Sylvester, Barney Artist and Keston Cobblers Club are all on my list :blush:. How about you lot?

Been on site since Friday! Ground is very dry and I canā€™t see the site getting muddy with the little rain forecast for this evening and tomorrow!

Enjoy, everyone!

3 Likes

Great news! Can you keep us posted! Wicked photo too - have you taken that on an app? if so what app!?

Thanks! Buying things no, should I still get a pair of wellies? ahah
Cannot wait!

Iā€™ve decided to take wellies but leave them in the car should I need them I can go and get tthem!

Nice one, Iā€™ll do the same then. Need to do some food shopping too tonight.

The weatherā€™s actually looking really really good for once. Iā€™ll be taking my walking boots anyway, theyā€™ll be useful come rain or shine.

Just having a bit of a nightmare with my car at the moment, itā€™s only 2 months old and itā€™s decided to suffer a failure just before Glasto :man_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

Forecast is fantastic

Still taking wellies, though!