N26: launched in then left the UK

What are people using N26 for out of interest?

Not using. Seeing how it develops

4 Likes

Same. I stuck ÂŁ20 on it the other day and it works as expected. The app UI is nice, and the category icons are nice and clean, but no Apple Pay is annoying.

Also, does anyone else get in-app notifications (iOS) where the text size is insanely small?

2 Likes

Yes :sob:

1 Like

And still not able to set up a standing order.
I mean, really ? :astonished:

2 Likes

This thread has been pretty quiet, anyway,

N26’s top executives warned co-founders over ‘dysfunctional’ leadership

N26’s top executives accused the co-founders of one of Europe’s most highly valued fintechs of promoting a “culture of fear” that threatened to drive the group into a “downward spiral”.

In an explosive memo sent last year, N26’s six most senior employees warned Max Tayenthal and Valentin Stalf that their “relationship and ways of working” with executives at the German company were “quite dysfunctional in several dimensions”.

The internal “discussion document” was sent in February 2022 by Thomas Grosse, who was N26’s chief risk officer until he resigned last week. It was co-authored by chief financial officer Jan Kemper, interim head of HR Eva Glanzer, chief product officer Gilles BianRosa, chief technology officer Gino Cordt and chief growth officer Alex Weber.

“Of particular concern is the establishment of a culture of ‘fear’ and blaming, fostered by many of the behavioural problems we want to address,” the memo notes.

I can’t copy the whole article here but it goes on to say N26 has since overhauled it’s governance ( but the chief Risk officer resigned last week so it couldn’t have been that well done) and some other details.

However, the problems described in the memo remain just as pressing as when it was sent, according to people familiar with internal discussions at N26.

3 Likes

I have to say hearing this is a shame, I quite liked N26 when it was in the UK.

It also raises the question - with this and wirecard - of how well (clearly not) regulated German financial institutions appear to be - as an outsider

1 Like

Interesting observation here:

The wording has changed quite a bit. Previously the tone was a stronger we’ve closed the U.K. bank message which has a feeling of finality to it.

It now reads more open with at the moment, we’re no longer offering accounts in the UK. This is a more open ended statement, and feels like it leaves scope for a potential return.

It’s also curious that they’ve bothered to change and update it all.

1 Like