Garmin Pay: When will I be able to buy oat milk with my watch?

Done my bit to try and put that right, so thanks for highlighting the poll.
Like (probably) a lot of people I found this thread by Googling something I was interested in/wanted - I don’t spend my life trawling through community forums just for the fun of it

1 Like

Lots of people join here for a variety of reasons and it’s not a very popular request.

1 Like

I have used multiple brands / ecosystems. Garmin by far is the best UX, performance, and insights. The amount of data Garmin generates and presents is really nice. A step up from other implementations.

The payment functionality is not the primary feature.

In addition to Curve, Starling, Revolut one can also use Santander debit & credit cards. I am planning on getting Santander zero because of it.

2 Likes

I run lots, have a Garmin Forerunner, and have Monzo enabled :facepunch:

I just stick my card in my zip pocket in case of emergency. Sorted :+1:

1 Like

+1 for Garmin integration. Would be great to be able to use my watch as intended. Will try curve for now though.

1 Like

I know Monzo has previously indicated that they are not likely to implement this. However, I wanted to add that this is not just a luxury feature (i.e. why don’t use the card a smart phone) as my Garmin watch works as a backup and is often the only thing I have on me when I am out running.

It’s not really luxury, it’s a niche product. I don’t see it happening anytime soon.

2 Likes

Get an android wearOS watch - they mostly all do the same thing these days - or switch banks to a bank that supports GarminPay - though I can’t think of any off the top of my head as it’s a niche product

Monzo probably won’t support GarminPay for the same reason they don’t support the Huawei appstore, low usage numbers, not worth their time/money

2 Likes

As @Revels said, it’s a bit of a niche feature. I suspect that Monzo have bigger fish to fry at the moment, but never say never.

Garmin Pay will need to get in the queue behind this, though :wink:

2 Likes

Okay, so when i’m out horse riding and go to the MCD drive through I want to pay using my horses chip used for identification, when will Monzo support Horse Pay? /s

4 Likes

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/garminpay/banks/

Huh, 4 banks:

• Danske Bank: MASTERCARD
  • FinecoBank: VISA
  • Santander: MASTERCARD
  • Starling Bank: MASTERCARD

The rest are not actual banks as recognised by the UK - they’re money holding services

Does the N in NFC stand for NEIGH? :grin::innocent:

2 Likes

Can’t you slip a tenner somewhere or find a place to put a card? I always something with me (usually my phone).

It kind of is a luxury really to be able to buy things despite not having anything on you but an exercise watch.

1 Like

I don’t know how people can go out without their phone. I’d love to be able to do it, especially when I’m on my bike and I want to be free and disconnected from the world but I don’t feel safe.

If I was to get injured or lost I’d need my phone to get help. I’d also get paranoid that a friend or family would need me in an emergency and I’d be uncontactable.

1 Like

I nearly always have my phone BUT I now also pay for a line on my Apple Watch. One time I was left waiting for an ambulance at the end of a road for a colleague and I had left my phone on my desk. It was rotten.

So now my watch will always work even without my phone.

1 Like

Your drug dealer takes Apple Pay? :joy:

5 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Yours don’t?!

(Nah I pay for a phone line :grin:)

I second this, Apple watch GPS tracks like :poop: compared to a real fitness watch like Garmin.

Thankfully the Curve workaround works fine, so if I’m in a trendy sheep mood I can pay with my Apple watch, and if I’m in a serious fitness mood I can pay with the Garmin.

Would be nice to have native support though.

1 Like

Yes to garmin pay please!