Gaming šŸŽ®

Hmmmā€¦ I suspect at the end of the month Iā€™ll buy myself Lightfall then and perhaps the version that comes with the subsequent season passes. I did this Witch Queen and tbf in terms of monitary outlay and hours of entertainment, it was a good investment.

1 Like

Despite being a massive Harry Potter fan all my life I just didnā€™t enjoy it, itā€™s weird and hard to explain. I really liked the locations in game I just didnā€™t really enjoy playing it. :man_shrugging:t3:

Recently Iā€™ve been playing Hogwarts Legacy, (ignoring all the BS that came with it)

It is an absolute masterpiece. Now iā€™ve completed the story, I thought iā€™d come back and share that. I did post about it last week when I first started playing it

I played the side quests more than I did the main story

2 Likes

The negativity is probably largely justified. Story-wise it barely moves the needle, which is not what you want as the story theyā€™ve built over the last decade is coming to its end. Nothing gets answered, and there are only more questions. Coming from the witch queen to this is pretty bad.

Bungie have come out to offer clarity though, and narrative wise thatā€™s seemingly going to play out over the seasons. Iā€™d have preferred a proper narrative driven campaign though, like witch queen was.

The other criticism is itā€™s all a bit marvel-esque tone deaf. You wouldnā€™t know just how the stakes are. Too much comic relief that most of the dialogue is just that.

Gameplay wise itā€™s about what you expect. The usual number of missions, and the two that actually drive the story are actually really enjoyable story missions at that. The finale is probably my favourite campaign mission to date.

Criticism aside though, I enjoyed it, and itā€™s rekindled a bit of the spark that tends to die out over the seasons to the point I just log in to play the seasonal story missions and then not touch it.

The new subclass is fun, but I still prefer stasis overall, mostly because the new mods system and an additional fragment slot has significantly buffed my shatterdive playstyle that I love. On the surface it looks like the game has been dumbed down quite a bit, but in return we have a very synergistic system thatā€™s noob friendly and quite adaptable. A good foundation to build on top off. I donā€™t miss the old system at all, despite being very anxious when I logged in and realised theyā€™d killed my build.

Whether or not itā€™s worth buying depends on what free players get. If Strand is locked behind it, itā€™s probably worth it. But if you can get and use Strand without paying, Iā€™d probably avoid. You wonā€™t be missing much otherwise. Youā€™ll get more out of buying the season probably.

3 Likes

Anyone playing atomic heart ? Never even heard about it until i saw it in the shops.

Very similar to my favourite game of all time, half life 2

1 Like

This is probably the one game that somehow has more controversy than Hogwarts did. Surprised itā€™s not been discussed here yet. More of the same media shenanigans, but a quieter social media however.

Iā€™ve not played it yet, but itā€™s on my list!

Never played half life 2 so Iā€™m not sure itā€™s something Iā€™ll enjoy yet. But itā€™s on gamepass and folks seem to be liking it.

Once my destiny addiction settles down again and Iā€™m back to logging in once a week instead of almost daily, itā€™ll be the next game I play.

5 Likes

Canā€™t decide if the gameplay is for me, just had a look.

Looks a bit clunky but could just be the YouTuber playing it :sweat_smile: never played Half Life.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Ah yes cs.office. those were the days

1 Like

Oh lawd! How can this be?!

Half life 2 is possibly one of my favourite games of all time. I thought by this point it was one of those games everyone had played. Guess not. The Ravenholm part is one of my favourite sections of a game to to date.

1 Like

Little Hopeā€¦

5 mins in and Iā€™m bored. Does it get better?

I wasnā€™t a fan of Until Dawn either :upside_down_face:

Itā€™s just not something that ever appealed to me. Back then my Xbox was just a halo machine and I was only really interested in Nintendoā€™s systems and games.

Most third party games still donā€™t in all honesty, but Iā€™m more open to them now thanks to gamepass. And Iā€™ll buy into a concept that appeals to me like I did with Hogwarts and watch dogs. But otherwise I very much tend to stick to the first party titles of their respective platforms. Destiny being the exception given itā€™s made by the guys who created halo.

2 Likes

Destiny is also now a first party PlayStation title.

I was never really a big fan of the original I was but a wee lad at the time it came out. I was busy playing Soul Calibre andā€¦ Ermā€¦ Enjoying the physics of Takiā€™s character modelā€¦ :innocent:

I originally got sucked into the hype of HL2. It was around the time I built my first gaming PC. As a game the concepts and ideas in it I think were solid and would hold up to a play through now. I remember at the time thinking it was an incredibly stylish and engaging game. I remember it being pretty short too. So wouldnā€™t be a massive commitment.

4 Likes

That Iā€™m playing on Xbox! Biggest deviation from my norm yet!

1 Like

Itā€™s nearly 20 years old now, thatā€™s how. :grimacing:

To put it in perspective, go back 20 years from Half Life 2 and youā€™ve got Jet Set Willy.

3 Likes

I just saw Baldurs Gate III has a release date. Finally. I bought it years ago thinking the pre-release stage would last a few months. It didnā€™t and there were so many problems Iā€™ve been waiting for actual release to play it!

D&D / TTRPGs is my main hobby, so Iā€™m really excited for this game! From the bits I managed to play, it did seem pretty awesome

If you didnā€™t like until dawn then you are probably wasting your time playing the rest of these gamesā€¦

1 Like

Agreed.

Thought it would be less drab.

Saying that, Iā€™ve been playing Apex a bit this afternoon and not won one match. Yesterday won loads :upside_down_face:

1 Like