Gaming 🎮

Playing Skyrim again after what must be 10 years and it’s still awesome. Of course I keep getting side tracked from the main story line but it can wait.

2 Likes

When I see how many hours I’ve spent on this game, it makes me take an arrow to the knee

2 Likes

https://www.polygon.com/23573980/goldeneye-controls-switch-xbox

Maybe it’s because I’m about to start a new job in the gaming industry, but I’ve been catching up on a lot of games recently (PC based - though I’m trading the PC in for a M2 Max MacBook Pro and heading back to Geforce Now and the Xbox Series X).

Absolutely love God of War (the first one featuring Christopher Judge as Kratos), but I find that I get a bit bored by how long it takes to take down the bigger bosses. I absolutely adore Death Stranding. It’s weirdly compelling, and there’s something about the gameplay that makes me keep coming back to it every time.

Somehow still playing Fortnite, which is much nicer now that they’ve upgraded to Unreal Engine 5 and upped the graphics quality somewhat

Also catching up with Jedi Fallen Order - hopefully given enough htime before the sequel is released.

1 Like

Did you expect it to be open? :eyes:

1 Like

I didnt know CEX sold new games. Always thought they were used

2 Likes

A few days late but count me in as another huge fan of A Link To The Past. It’s up there with Link’s Awakening, Ocarina, Breath Of The Wild and (controversially, but I stand by it) Skyward Sword as a top tier Zelda game.

If you have the means to play it (a 3DS) I’d also thoroughly recommend A Link Between Worlds, which is loosely based on ALttP.

Regarding Final Fantasy, I also missed out on the franchise back in the day due to not having a PlayStation. But in recent years, I played FF7 Remake, the original PSP Crisis Core, and most recently Final Fantasy X HD Remaster and I’m now obsessed. Looking forward to Rebirth and FF16.

2 Likes

OH I was confused for a second haha

Link to the past is the best game ever. Just a mix of old school everything. I’m on last dungeon after collecting everything else.

3 Likes

Just ordered Hogwarts for £47.
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hogwarts-legacy-ps5-xbox-series-x-4076191

3 Likes

Thanks so much for this! Just cancelled my Amazon pre-order and got this :+1:

2 Likes

Just cancelled my £75 pre-purchase and bought the steam version through that link for £46 sheesh

3 Likes

Hogwarts legacy is reviewing very welling. Lots of 9/10s and 4/5s

Can’t wait to be able to play this tonight at midnight!

2 Likes

It’s around the mid 80’s on meta which is decent but I distrust a lot of early reviews as it’s quite often used as a sale technique now where fluffers get the copy a week early to get a review out that’s positive.
I will be curious what Ars says though but they have not dropped a review yet. I do hope WB have been letting a lot of reviewers get a copy not just their fluffers.

1 Like

I’ve not seen much gameplay of it but agree the reviews seem to be scoring high.

I’ll wait til it drops in price before I consider it :rofl:

2 Likes

They gave one to ACG, which is the review I’m currently watching. They’ve always been my go to for the Forza horizon game. Definitely not your fluffier review, and he seems very impressed. Propping it up there with the likes RDR but not quite as high.

I’m pretty confident at this point that I’ll have an absolute blast in this world. I’m expecting middling user review scores, as the boycott bombs it, and those who love it try to salvage that impact.

I think as a fan you will no doubt even if it hits mid 60’s on meta to be honest.

Ars is the review I am waiting for as they are usually very level handed as IGN etc are all ropey. I do find if their business is reviews then they too often get taken in by the early copy and need to get views over being objective so they gush too often or are overly harsh not that’s it’s a pop against AGN, just never heard of them.

2 Likes

The gameplay videos looked terrible to me. A couple of ‘puzzles’ that would struggle to challenge a five year old, only 20 or so spells, and students running round casting avada kedavra and crucio on each other.

I was considering it but will wait for fuller reviews at this point.

3 Likes

Did they read the same review I did?

Looks like someone combed through to pick out the negative points and exaggerate them ten-fold if not just outright made them up.

2 Likes