Fun Facts

Mongolia doesn’t have postal codes, and actually uses What3Words for it’s post:

3 Likes

what3words seems to make no logical sense whatsoever in how it works but at the same time is super cool!. Thanks for sharing

3 Likes

Personal favourite of 2019 - George Clooney did all those Nespresso adverts to pay for his own private satellite to monitor for war crimes in Sudan

1 Like

Please please tell me this is true

1 Like

It’s true thankfully, though not that recent

1 Like

What3Words is flawed as it’s patented. The algorithm is not open, they rely on anyone using it to pay for their API. They don’t even let you cache the responses as per their terms & conditions.

It’s been reverse engineered but their lawyers aren’t happy about it

2 Likes

You scroll about five miles a year

1 Like

Why isn’t there a what3words for phone numbers? Far easier to remember Ocelot Hamster Sandwich than 11 random numbers…

Oh, and the flesh of the Toucan is blue.

1 Like

Dare I ask how you discovered this?

1 Like

last time he shaved his toucan of course

2 Likes

Lol, I think you mean “last time I cooked a Toucan”…

you’d have to get the feathers off first before cooking

I did an 80s music quiz last night and this was a fun fact answer.

Which album had a song on it that was considered so shocking that politician Al Gore’s wife, Tipper Gore, created the Parents Resource Music Council after discovering her teenage daughter listening to it? This group created the now infamous “Parental Advisory” sticker that you see on many albums.

The answer might surprise you…

It’s “Purple Rain” by Prince & The Revolution. The song “Darling Nikki” in particular, and it’s opening lines about a girl pleasuring herself in a hotel lobby.

One of the wrong answers I put in there (it was a multiple choice quiz) was “Straight Outta Compton” by NWA, and most people voted for that. Wrong!

2 Likes

Bill Bryson. It was the story of the man who went all over the world eating every animal he could find. Toucan’s flesh is blue and moles are the only animals that are truly disgusting to eat. (poor moles…)

I thought that was because of Guns n Roses :see_no_evil:

1 Like