Freetrade: Free Share Trading

I’m hoping it won’t take “months” to onboard everyone… glad it’s tangibly here & downloaded

1 Like

This may take a while

looks like 11.4 beta might be the issue

I’ve referred 8 Friends yet there’s still 30k people ahead of me - is that the same for others?

Halp :sob::sob: http://freetrade.io?kid=MGRRJ

1 Like

I’m on 11.4 beta and it’s working for me, hopefully you can log in soon, even if it isn’t much more than a pretty splash screen right now!

IMG_34810CD2FB61-1

Has anybody managed to log in/ create an account?

You can’t get past the splash screen at the moment, the app has been approved for the App Store but they haven’t begun onboarding users yet. :+1:t3:

Apple has approved Freetrade for the App Store, setting us up for the rollout. We’ll send you more details on the rollout schedule as final tasks e.g. security tests complete.

OK. Hopefully not long!

You’re not by any chance opening the link within the gmail app are you? If so copy it and paste into safari instead. Not sure if it is that, but I hit something similar with the monzo magic links a long time ago, they only worked in safari.

Longest rollout in history! :rofl: However it’s a really great sign for the team that so many people are so keen, congratulations to them on getting to 30k on a waiting list for a finance app waiting with baited breath for a release. I’m at slot 150 or so, so will await your post with screenshots @Tommmy when the rollout finally starts!

I probably won’t bother with the ISA this year but am keen to try it out, and eventually open an ISA there for long term savings. Is everyone else thinking about an ISA or just a standard account?

Seems the Alpha account is £10 a month, and normal accounts are free. I would possibly pay £10 if it has a bunch of features (like support for trading rules etc), though I suspect it’d be bad for my financial health to do so (too tempting to trade). Anyone know how much the ISA will be?

Also, freetrade - any plans for a discourse forum of your own? Feels weird to be discussing it over here on monzo.

2 Likes

We might even be in the same batch onboarded, but if not I’ll happily oblige!

From what I understand, this is definitely something they’d like to do, and even if it isn’t Discourse based they will have a space for the community.

1 Like

That shouldn’t be the case! Would you DM me your email, so I can take a look?

I’ve figured it out earlier!

My email has two versions for some reason

One is firstnamelastname1@gmail.com
The other is firstname.lastname.1@gmail.com

Both of the email addresses are actually the same…

Thanks anyway!

1 Like

It’s very kind of Monzo they allowed us here! We’ll set up our own forum now. I’ll share the address when we have it, so we can dive in over there. :+1:

9 Likes

Great. Looking forward to trying the app out. Best of luck with the rollout.

2 Likes

I’d definitely join a dedicated FreeTrade forum… it’d be good to be able to access it easily from within the app just like we can access Monzo Community from Monzo’s app.

Also, I’d provisionally recommend Yahoo Finance app (downloaded it Sat & curated my Faang+ stock list that I may invest in via FreeTrade). Great content on their too.

I got an email saying Freetrade are doing another crowdfund round. Question, will Freetrade shares be held and managed by Crowdcube (or whoever) or will Freetrade manage them and thus you will be able to see your shares in your Freetrade app?

1 Like

It let me log in today!

Help get me above @Tommmy on the list!

Zero commission investing Freetrade has arrived. Get early access with my link: http://freetrade.io?kid=H1PQ1

Can you show the email?

I imagine it’ll be CrowdCube again because the shares would be privately owned, not publicly traded.

1 Like

How many referrals have you got @Tommmy? I’ve got 35 and I’m 19th in the queue.

1 Like