Freetrade: Free Share Trading

Hi Viktor,

I recently signed up myself for the free trade waiting list and had shared my referral link on my social media accounts and was bumped up in the waiting line and was within the 100 limit but for some reason I got knocked back to where I started… emailed support two weeks ago and still haven’t got a response?

Checking it now, Adnan. I’ll DM you on this forum or email you back.

1 Like

Thank you Victor :slight_smile:

I’m sure a lot of you on this thread have noticed/checked out some other apps in the market, but not all of them actually allow you to buy shares, and instead are dealing you CFDs, the Freetrade CEO has recently posted this article explaining the differences, thought some of you might be interested :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We’ve seen a number of CFD brokers who market themselves as ‘stock trading’, which is deceptive. Some even offer you a number of free trades per month, a gamified experience, or similar propositions to get you on their app and betting.

Not cool.

As a challenger stockbroker, we want to push all companies in the space to be ethical and transparent (not a small task, and we want to lead by example - keep an eye on our blog for more details).

3 Likes

A quick update that we’ve been approved to provide Stocks & Shares ISAs: https://blog.freetrade.io/we-are-approved-to-provide-isas-fcae84cda72b

We had an in-depth discussion about the merits of using the singular vs. plural version of the word ‘ISA’. Sometimes I wish we had a podcast. :sweat_smile:

We expect to start the roll-out in early 2018. Top ranking community members should get access in January. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Is there a Freetrade community site?

1 Like

Not yet from what I understand, but it sounds like they definitely have it in their plans :slight_smile:

So I assume @v18n is talking about the Monzo community here?

I took that to mean the people who have referred others.

He’ll have to confirm, I think at the moment when he refers to the Freetrade ‘Community’ he is referring to people that are currently on the waiting list

That makes sense.
I’m currently 64 in the waiting lists :slight_smile:
I hope it stays there until Jan, might get a chance to be included in the Beta :smile:

1 Like

I’m at 188 but on Android…

Not yet, but there will be as we are gearing up for the roll-out!

Everyone who requested invite is in our ‘community’. :hearts:

1 Like

Quick update: we’ll do the first test trades in December. :v:

We’re also shoring up our operations team. Our compliance officer and head of finance arrive in January (we can’t wait!), but still looking for a stockbroker operations manager.

In case someone here sees themselves at a mission-driven fintech next year. :blush:

4 Likes

I really wanted to buy some Tesla shares before yesterday’s announcement :frowning:
Freetrade can’t come soon enough :wink:

3 Likes

All up for testing competitors, would be nice to get off eToro and move to a platform that uses actual shares

my referral code if anyone is feeling generous :slight_smile: http://freetrade.io?kid=JK4FB

1 Like

We ranked the features that the community has requested the most:

https://blog.freetrade.io/the-10-features-most-requested-by-the-freetrade-community-798ab55c8d7f

Potentially interesting, as I got a lot of good ideas here (e.g. automated investing, Monzo integration, in-app credit for referrals, etc).

I especially like the innovative data analytics and insights, e.g. the Amazon-style recommendation (“Freetrade investors who bought this stock also bought…”)

Anything else we should consider?

“hot share of the day”

the best performing share on the app

1 Like

What about stop loss and take profit levels? Quite useful for me on eToro

Buy Apple at $170, set it so when it reaches $200 sell it and notify me

Trailing features would be great for this as well, lets say I bought shares that have since generated a 15% return, I could set a trail on it to say 12% and have that trail so that if the return goes to 20%, my trailing stop will be 16% or so…

That way people can trade to their comfort levels with a degree of hands-off capability.

Just my two cents :slight_smile:

3 Likes