Freetrade: Free Share Trading

Would be awesome to see some integration/collaboration with Monzo, via a pot for example…

1 Like

Something like this? :eyes:

4 Likes

Or like this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone fancy bumping me up pretty please.

3 Likes

US stock is getting closer :grin:

9 Likes

This is an insightful podcast. Adam Dodds held his own well at points where he needed to; some good exchanges with Scalable Capital. Covers topics such as democratising investing, community, thoughts on banking integrations, and more:

7 Likes

Good news if you’re still waiting (and aren’t android)

7 Likes

They’re busy today. Anyone for ISA testing?

6 Likes

Revolut liked :eye: :
https://twitter.com/dosorioalvarez/status/1064552580800499714?s=21

Well that’s a load of rubbish. Closed a couple of times and a few issues at the start but always fine for me. And that was at testing stage

4 Likes

I’ve never had any issue with orders being rejected, myself.

7 Likes

Am I right in thinking Freetrade has a paid mode he could use for instant trades were that important to him?

TBH, the tagged mention of Revolut at the end makes me think he’s a shill anyway (he may well not be, just saying the optics aren’t good). Definitely a shill, as @Rat_au_van has uncovered. :rage:

6 Likes

Yes, with a mere £1 he could have got it instantly.

In fact, this is what you would do as a day trader to avoid the risks of intraday volatility. If he is saving £1 to expose himself to 0 to 5 per cent swings per day, something is definitely wring with his “earning strategy” :joy:

6 Likes

The fact he’s saying a product that hasn’t been launched and full details are still unknown is better? :grin:

2 Likes

Um. Coincidence?

14 Likes

He fits nicely into how I picture Revolut and their culture.

7 Likes

If you’re right (and I think you are), then he’s surely fallen foul of FCA guidance on social media and customer communications(FG15/4) where they talk about how employees use social media(Annex 1, Section 3.2).

I’d like to pretend I have an exhaustive knowledge of the topic, but actually I remembered Monzo shared their social media policy recently, so I searched for that and looked for what might apply.

Anyone fancing reporting him/grassing him up? :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

He was doing it in a personal capacity, doesn’t have his employer named on his twitter and he may well be a customer :woman_shrugging: Besides, Freetrade are aware so they’d know if there was an issue :wink:

1 Like

I’ve had this drummed into me from my own employer - this doesn’t matter. If you are an employee, and you post something even vaguely related to your employer or their products or services, you need to be sure you’re treading very carefully. Indeed, the Monzo guidelines I refer to above go on to quote:

If an employee of a firm uses their personal social media account to send communications that could be considered an inducement or invitation, then this may constitute a financial promotion

The tweet in question can clearly be considered an inducement or invitation to use Revolut’s product. Short of being an entirely different person, the Revolut employee here doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

7 Likes

How long do top-ups take to register please?