Flying with easyJet

My question: Can you pay with Contactless / Apple Pay on board easy? Or do they only swipe the card?
His response: No insert card only :credit_card:

1 Like

EasyJet refused to use my Monzo card on two different flights last week. I was told by the flight attendant that it was possible for Monzo customers to refuse to pay a transaction after it had gone through so they had cases where people didnā€™t pay for onboard purchases.

1 Like
3 Likes

What happened?

Story?

Hugh explained on the other thread:

1 Like

Doh I thought I was in that thread lol

1 Like

Easy Jet staff refused to take my Monzo on a flight.
Do you know why?

I think this has been discussed somewhereā€¦ they say itā€™s because they have received payments late or not at all from Monzo cards.

1 Like

Hi @david_capon Iā€™ve moved your post over to the Easy jet thread to keep them together.

Monzo reported yesterday that they had been told to start accepting Monzo cards however word might be slow in trickling down to all the cabin crew.

2 Likes

Although it is easyjetā€¦ so this may never happenā€¦

still angry at easyjet :grimacing:

2 Likes

So, myself & my wife have a Monzo account each, and now a fab joint account.

Today we went on holiday flying EasyJet from Luton to Dalaman, Turkey. Budgeting all done, Monzo was our card of choice. Not on EasyJet. We came to pay, the cabin manager declined to accept our Monzo cardā€¦ citing an internal memo ā€˜Not to accept those bright coloured ā€˜momboā€™ cards (made me laugh)ā€™ asking why he said they donā€™t take pre paid cards, of course I said it was a full bank account, but he was having non of it ā€¦ hang up from the past maybe, but an issue non the less.

Needless to say we had other means to pay, but if we didnā€™tā€¦ that would have been a dry flight :grimacing:

Iā€™ve read historical forum posts where this was an issue, but maybe Monzo need to reach out to EasyJet if thatā€™s not been done already

1 Like

Hey,

Hope you donā€™t mind but Iā€™ve merged your post with a similar discussion here.
Apparently this issue should have been resolved a few days ago, my guess is itā€™s slow passing around easyJet staff.

The reason you mention is correct, it appears they still think everyone has a prepaid card.
Next time this happens show them the ā€œdebitā€ hologram on the back of the card

Hope you had a nice trip! :flight_arrival:

1 Like

Is that the time?!

Edited :slight_smile:

1 Like

prepaid has/had a "debit " hologram on the back - :slight_smile: prepaid had your account number on the front bottom left

1 Like

Thanks Jack. Iā€™ll have a go coming home and point out the account details if I have any issues.

Cheers

1 Like

I think the reason I have not had any issues when I fly EasyJet is coz I order spirits and I open them, pour them and drink them before they even see my card so i guess itā€™s a case of oh well too late kinda thing.

6 Likes

Iā€™m guessing itā€™s taking a while to get the update down to all cabin crew!

My mate said it was in the company newsletter or something (about not accepting it originally), so maybe the next one hasnā€™t been issued yet or staff donā€™t read it :smile:

1 Like

I went to use my Monzo card on easyJet flight between STN and GLA tonight and the cabin crew said ā€œSorry. We canā€™t accept that cardā€ and then the other cabin crew corrected him and said ā€œOh, we can now. From last weekā€. So must be a recent communication. Nothingā€™s been debited from my account yet.

9 Likes

Not sure how often easyJet process their offline transactions but usually more often than that :confused: