Flux: The End of Paper Receipts & Loyalty Cards

really should look at date of op and read more of the thread.

Slightly off-topic, but it annoys me that Monzo button says Add Receipt when there’s already one there :smile:

Thanks for sharing the GIF!

Digital receipts is the next big thing I’m looking forward to, especially since I started a job where I need to claim back expenses and especially considering the environmental impact of McDonald’s printing me out a receipt I need for only 5 minutes just so I have my order number :sleepy: (The same with bus tickets, although ideally they’d automatically be added to my Apple Wallet rather than as a receipt in Monzo.)

3 Likes

The same with bus tickets, although ideally they’d automatically be added to my Apple Wallet rather than as a receipt in Monzo

Ideally you wouldn’t need a ticket at all and can just use a contactless card or mobile device just like in the London Underground.

3 Likes

Yeah, that would definitely be preferable! I guess I thought conductors might need to check the ticket sometimes, but maybe that’s old-fashioned. I love the way London Underground works!

They check your card.

Any idea when more beta spaces will be available or when I can join up to Flux?

I go to Eat every so often and would like to have receipts in app, much like I get in Starling.

In London they do, but not elsewhere. In Sheffield we can finally pay for our bus tickets using contactless (e.g. Apple Pay), but an annoying physical ticket is still printed out and we’re told we need to keep hold of our ticket for inspectors that may be on the bus.

(Both companies, Stagecoach and First, do offer mobile tickets—although unfortunately neither support Apple Wallet or Google Wallet—but they don’t offer mobile tickets for single tickets, which means many of us can’t use the mobile tickets.)

Really? I was answering specifically for LU but I would have assumed others did the same. I guess the interrogation machinery comes at a cost.

Yeah, London are really quite progressive with their transport and payment systems for it, compared to the rest of the country; even if it doesn’t feel that way to many Londoners :sweat_smile:

Sheffield only got contactless card support on busses last year (well, last year for Stagecoach, this year for First). I was in Nottingham recently and I couldn’t even use my card to pay for a ticket :nauseated_face:

I can’t use my card to pay for a ticket on or travel on Sheffield’s tram system :tired_face:

1 Like

Is Flux still accepting signups? I wasn’t sure from the website. My new office is right on top of an Eat so it’d be great to have those receipts automatically :joy:

I have it with Starling, but when I select Monzo from their list it says it doesn’t support the bank yet. Bit confusing since Monzo is an option on their website.

1 Like

Add another to the list! This is looking like a very interesting play. If they can get more merchants on board they have something very interesting going on here.

6 Likes

Itsu, Pod and Eat are my usual lunch haunts, I’d love to get in on this :smirk:

1 Like

Stay tuned, we may have more info on that soon :grinning:

15 Likes

Had access to Flux for quite a while and really like it! Wish it was available at even more retailers, but I’m sure it’ll grow over time

Would love to see a more detailed integration with Monzo though rather than just relying on an image attachment! (Some sort of interactive list, possibly as an option to search through as well)

1 Like

All a little bit too london based for now, very excited for this when it eventually branches out to northern ireland :clap:

3 Likes

Dunnes Stores, Mauds and Granny Annies? :grin:

Conscious this was mentioned a few weeks ago on this chain but just to reflag that Costa Coffee is also coming soon to the Flux platform (with cashback offers to start) :smiley:…http://www.cityam.com/288896/perk-up-your-wallet-digital-receipts-startup-flux-partners

1 Like

Cant forget boojum!

That must be one for you big city types :grin: