Flux: The End of Paper Receipts & Loyalty Cards

Hey, hope you don’t mind but I’ve moved your post here. It’s somthing that a company called flux have been working on plus an integration with Monzo. Although I haven’t heard anything in quite some time.

2 Likes

On the banking side, Flux is currently available through Barclays (via Barclays Launchpad), challenger bank Starling, and for a small alpha group of Monzo customers.

Hopefully this means they move beyond Eat, Itsu, Pod and Pure. Just so limited at the mo

5 Likes

Indeed, I love the idea behind Flux and wish both more retailers supported it and that Monzo would finally include it as I was too late to sign up as a beta user.

I used to use Flux at Eat quite a bit when I was a Starling bank customer.

(Also Discourse for some reason REALLY doesn’t want to let me quote the last post? :man_facepalming:t2:)

4 Likes

(Related, I understand that Flux has already begun integrating with one of the major U.K. supermarkets and an “international fast food chain,” amongst other unannounced partnerships.)

Wonder who they are…?

4 Likes

Tesco and McDonald’s (I’m randomly guessing)

Hey everyone, sorry for ghosting :ghost: We’ve been wanting to get back to you when we had something more meaty to share! There’s still nothing I can share but wanted to reply to recent posts and we look forward to updating as soon as we can… :eyes:

We’re going to have to keep you guessing on those unnamed retailers for now but all shall be revealed! :wink:

Fundamentally this money is going to be put to work on expansion, to make Flux the gold standard for anything touching receipt data whether that be just the receipt for expensing / returning / budgeting or loyalty or anything else. We want to make any interaction you have with receipt data a seamless and enriched experience. This certainly means making Flux much more widely available and accessible across the UK.

Thank you again for all of your support and looking forward to an exciting 2019 :tada:

9 Likes

Flux is going native now

8 Likes
6 Likes

Really hope this gains traction and becomes the norm

6 Likes

I just came along in the hopes that nobody else had beaten me to it :joy:

Very awesome news :tada::sunglasses: Can’t wait to see Flux make this ‘the norm’ for every company across the UK! :boom:

5 Likes

Looking forward to this.

I do worry that this standard needs to be open to really get widespread adoption. It’s very much propitiatory at the moment.

2 Likes

Hmm. What mailing list are you on to get those reserved tickets? I didn’t get any emails. Bleh! XD

1 Like

Hi everyone :wave:

Very happy to share that we are now officially expanding our partnership with Monzo which will be going live this Weds, 30th Jan. We’re doing a launch event with Monzo this Wednesday and would love to see you there! You can get tickets here :tada:

16 Likes

Excellent news… now to get some retailers in the other parts of the uk :eyes:

4 Likes

For this to be successful they really need to expand (massively) their retailer list. Massive potential here but at the moment still seems a proof of concept.

4 Likes

I reckon it’s going to take one BIG customer and then Flux will begin full-scale world receipt domination :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I.e. if McDonalds (One of the top food establishments Monzo users enjoy :wink:) were to adopt Flux, I bet the rest of the UK would follow suit and we’d see a great deal more Flux integrations :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Exactly this

2 Likes

I remain a bit sceptical of Flux’s business model. Do we have to give them access to our data to aggregate and resell as the price of the service?

I’d much rather Monzo develop and push an open API for other banks and merchants / merchant acquirers to get behind.

But do correct me if I’m wrong about the business model. I’m coming at it with limited knowledge!

4 Likes