Flux: thank you and goodbye

5 second Google suggests Boparan own Slim Chicken and a bunch of other restaurant franchises

1 Like

Email from flux today have to use starling tho to redeem offers

2 Likes

5 Likes

Was the Monzo integration before Starling?

Are the offers rubbish, I suspect so given they’ve not really had any traction with digital receipts.

I’ll be happy to be surprised though.

1 Like

I had 50% off just eat and free starter or hot dessert at papa johns

3 Likes

Pretty good start!

1 Like

Having had Flux connected to Monzo since it was available, I finally got my first receipt with it tonight after getting my daughter a snack box @ KFC for tea on the way home.

It’s just genius when you see it in person. Such a shame the uptake from merchants has been so poor

6 Likes

Mine is “50% off the most expensive item in your next order (up to a maximum of £10)”

Ah that’s pants then :sweat_smile:

Still waiting, safe to say it’s broken.

All fine for food thats been eaten but imagine it’s H&M and to save the environment I turn the staffs offer of a paper reciept down… I’d have no proof of purchase and no way to return if needed.

Does @samantha.flux not comment in here anymore?

They last posted back in April, 4 months ago :pensive:

2 Likes

Their role seems to have changed to “Sustainability and Ethics Lead” instead of “Customer Lead”, so maybe the focus has changed to other areas, instead of chatting with us here. :sweat:

2 Likes

Morning everyone :wave:t3:

I’m so sorry for the radio silence over the past month or two - as you can see, the team has been hard at work building out our new offers platform!

Offers are something we’ve run in the past on an ad-hoc basis, but we’re now making them a permanent Flux feature (alongside digital receipts, of course). That’s why we’ve created the Offers portal - it’s a place where Flux customers can visit at any time to browse and link offers to their Flux enabled bank cards.

We’ll still work with our bank partners to deliver Flux offers in your banking app, but the portal will exist alongside as a way to view and activate offers across each of your different banks.

Our offers are unique in a couple of important ways:

1. They’re tailored to your specific needs: using anonymised and aggregated spending data, we can identify groups of people with similar purchasing behaviours and provide them relevant offers based on that. So, for example, if 10,000 people always buy an XL pizza when they shop at Papa John’s, we can show those people a cashback offer for XL pizzas. Similarly, if there are lots of people who only ever buy vegetarian pizzas, we can provide them with a cashback offer on vegetarian food. The idea is that you’ll only ever see offers that are relevant to you and help you save money on things you already buy - and the offers you see are exclusive (rather than being voucher codes that anyone can use, for example).
  2. They’re automatically redeemed: Using the portal, you choose the offers you like and activate them. The activation essentially links them to your cards, so they’ll be automatically redeemed the next time you place a relevant order. It’s less hassle than having to hunt down voucher codes or offers and means that you’ll never forget to redeem them!
  3. The cashback is instant: A lot of cashback websites make you wait 30+ days - as most of you know, Flux cashback arrives within 24hours (and usually within minutes!), so you’re not out of pocket.

The beta we’re running at the moment is limited to 1,000 Starling customers, and we’re doing this so that we can get real-world feedback and iterate before launching to a broader audience. We’ve designed the offers available in the portal to reflect the types of offers we’ll have in the future, but these offers are not based on shopping preferences in this version. So far, the uptake has exceeded our expectations, so we’re really excited to get this out as quickly as possible.

You’ll be pleased to know that whilst these test offers are with our existing merchants, we’ve also just had three nationwide merchants sign contracts to run offers with us :partying_face: We’re in the process of scoping and planning the integrations, so we should have more on that soon. Each of these brands is an entirely new category of retailer for us, so we’re excited to get started!

Finally, on a note unrelated to offers - for those in Manchester, Flux receipts are now available at Burgerism in Salford :blush: We’ve not announced this yet as we’re going to shout about all of our new retailers together, but if you want to go and test it out in the meantime, please go ahead!

We’ll be launching the Offers platform with a limited audience initially, so if you’re keen to get involved please do join our waiting list here - we’ll be in touch as soon as we’re ready to launch to Monzo users :partying_face:

12 Likes

I’ll still be here, don’t worry! I am working more on our ethics and sustainability initiatives now, but our customer side is still my number one priority :hugs:

7 Likes

Just tried one of the offer for Friday night diner worked flawlessly cashback received instantly

5 Likes

I remember when they did this with Monzo aaaages ago.

I want another too :sob:

5 Likes

Guess it’s news time soon.

Flux Offers:

5 Likes

Anyone lucky enough to be sampling it via starling want to share their experience?

1 Like

Yeah I’ve used worked flawlessly and received cashback instantly