Flux: thank you and goodbye

Morning Nathan

Great question - at the moment, we only have two retailers who support returns (schuh and H&M), so we’ve been able to work with them pretty closely to make sure that staff have the resources and knowledge they need to be able to support this function - and we’ve made sure that they can contact us if there’s ever a problem. In the future, as new retailers come on board, we’ll build staff training into the wider onboarding process to get out in front of any potential knowledge gaps down the line.

It may still happen that a particular staff member gets a bit stuck - but we’re feeling confident that there’ll always be someone in-store with knowledge of the Flux returns process :smile: Please do feel free to put it to the test, I’d love to hear what the experience is like!

2 Likes

:eyes:

3 Likes

Barclays just got even better. Fewer and fewer reasons to keep Monzo

This is a big step and should see a big surge in digital receipts :clap:

On another note, anyone on the forum tried out h&m? And if so perhaps the return process with barcode?

3 Likes

By the way. A couple of updates from Monzo regarding digital receipts.

1. When your receipt is available, you will get a note added to your transaction (so, in a way a “soft” notification). I’m looking for feedback on the text. Thoughts?

1. With certain merchants (right now only H&M and Schuh), you get a barcode which you can scan in-store for returns. Alternatively you can show them the “Receipt ID” at the bottom.

The text above the barcode here is a dummy and will depend on the merchant.

Disclaimer: McDonald’s and Starbucks are just internal tests we did. This does not mean they will or will not be available via Flux.

16 Likes

I think text looks good. Def nice to have something to signify from the feed.

2 Likes

I think it is fairly obvious already but can’t hurt to have something like “For returns scan here” rather than just saying scan here, as it isn’t obvious what it is for necessarily

3 Likes

Does this overwrite any existing note? :eyes:

1 Like

No. It will only create a note if you don’t already have one :+1:.
Good question though

6 Likes

That was just dummy text, but yeah, you are right.

In the future we can even have QR codes for festival tickets here, or really anything we want to scan

7 Likes

This would work well with eventbrite :eyes:

4 Likes

Although in saying that i think personally those types of things would be better kept in the wallet app with boarding passes, loyalty cards etc for easier access.

Would be more hassle to look for them in my monzo feed i think.

3 Likes

Agreed. Solution looking for a problem (I know it was only an example though).

Actually, Monzo is exactly the place I’d like to go for these. To the point where I’d quite like £0 feed items for stuff like free tickets, and calendar integration.

(But I know I’m in a minority here).

You would prefer to load a banking app, scroll or search for a transaction possibly months old, instead of just having it automatically appear on your Lock Screen on the date of the event?

Hey, don’t be so dismissive!

I don’t know if that’s an iPhone thing, but these things don’t sit on the lock screen for me.

Searching my email has been a pain, but searching Monzo is easy - I quite often make notes of codes / serial numbers etc in the notes field when I buy something. Finding it is then super easy and I’ve got all my info in one place.

Yes, it would be much easier than going through emails of course. I thought you had an iPhone to be honest, I must be mixing you up with someone else :+1:.

1 Like

Google wallet does that with tickets quite well, I know I was able to add my euro star tickets to it. In the days when we could travel…

1 Like

Funny you say that but i find monzo’s search to be touch and go, can be very buggy and crash out on occasion

You’re on iOS, I take it? I’ve had no such problems on Android myself.

2 Likes