Flux: thank you and goodbye

1 Like

Thanks Nathan! Quick question - when was this order placed? We had a bunch of fixes go through last week, so just want to check dates :smile:

On the 10th August :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hiya @nathanthomson8 and @Ordog - I’ve checked this with the team and it looks like both of your orders were placed before the most recent fixes were deployed. Harry, the engineer leading the KFC receipts project, believes that we’ve now sorted both of these issues, but he’d love to see a receipt if you place a similar order in the future so that we can be 100% sure!

Unfortunately, your existing receipts are stuck like this :cry: Sometimes we can fix things by re-triggering the receipt generation process, but it won’t solve the problem and make them beautiful in this case because the data was a bit scrambled when we received it - but the good news is that we should receive the data in a more intelligible format moving forward :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

No problem and thank you for the follow up reply :slight_smile:

In my case, the eat out to help out scheme has now ended so I won’t be able to test it again. Unless it gets extended, which is unlikely :sob:

1 Like

Ok sounds good, thanks samantha.

Like @Ordog i think ive used up my monthly allowance of kfc. I’ll check back at a later date and let you know.

Unlesssss flux wants to sponsor my next boneless banquet :eyes:

4 Likes

:raising_hand_man: :raising_hand_man: :raising_hand_man:

4 Likes

Hi @samantha.flux hope your all keeping well over there at flux.

I see that recently you hit the milestone of 2.5 mill receipts which is great!

Just wondering if you can share anymore details on the above or in general i suppose?

3 Likes

Is there an issue with collecting rewards? I’ve used KFC a few times recently but have not collected any Colonel’s Club rewards. I’m sure it used to work automatically after I linked my Starling card some time ago.

Hi @nathanthomson8 :wave: Nice to hear from you :slightly_smiling_face:

Keep your eyes peeled next week for an exciting announcement (well, it’s actually two announcements in one!) - though in typical 2020 fashion, it’s actually not the announcement I was referring to back in June :joy: That one’s still brewing!

But we’re super excited to say another nationwide retailer is coming on board (and they even have a couple of stores in Northern Ireland!) :shopping:

11 Likes

Hey Dan - we actually wrapped up the Starling beta at the beginning of the year. We were hoping for full rollout pretty quickly, but then COVID hit and it dropped down the priority list :slightly_frowning_face: Definitely still on the agenda, but I’m not sure when it’ll happen at this stage.

Hmm, not sure what you mean @samantha.flux - the receipt appears fine. Was the loyalty rewards integration just a test? I thought it was rolled out.

Yeah the loyalty linking is no longer working with kfc.

Theres an earlier comment from samantha saying it was a test run with a custom integration as like a proof of concept.

Need to scan your colonel club qr if you want to get your stamps unfortunately

3 Likes

Great news! Looking forward to seeing who it is! :eyes:

2 Likes

That’s a shame, it was working great.

1 Like

Morning everyone!

Super excited to let you know that the new retailer is H&M. Given their huge presence in the UK, this is a pretty big one for us :smile: You can check out all the details of the partnership in our blog.

Happy to answer any questions you might have, please do give me a shout :v:t4:

21 Likes

Great to see such a big retailer being added so congrats samantha and team

Flux and H&M customers will also be able to use their digital receipts to return items, either by scanning a barcode that we’ll embed in the receipt for you or by citing the receipt ID to the cashier.

This is the key part for me, now means we can genuinely decline the paper receipt but still have the benefits of having one :clap:

5 Likes

Morning Samantha - does the link with H&M receipts only work in-store at the moment or does it also work for online transactions?

Hey Chris :wave:

This is an in-store only integration at the moment, but we’re looking to include online transactions in the future :blush:

5 Likes

one more question sorry @samantha.flux

Is there any training being given to staff or anything to accept these e-receipts for refunds?
I know from working in retail a few years back that youd have some managers that just cant be bothered and would say something along the lines of “no sorry we dont accept that you’ll need your paper receipt”

Whats being done to stop this sorts of interactions?

1 Like