Flux: thank you and goodbye

I’m in; how exciting!

2 Likes

I’m in :+1:

1 Like

What’s the store? My sister is in teeside, so can get her to do it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks Michael :smile: If you (or your sister) could fill out the Google form we’ll send through all the details!

By the way - I’m not withholding the name of the retailer because it’s a secret or anything - I just want to make sure that everyone receives the full set of instructions before they head out to test. Holding back the name of the merchant means that people will have to check their email to get started!

2 Likes

I am at teeside . Will give it a try . Cheers !

I’ll be in Coventry this weekend :grin::grin: is that soon enough? :innocent:

1 Like

It’s like Christmas! New socks!

1 Like

Thanks for your interest so far, everyone! I’ve sent through emails to all who’ve filled out the Google form. We’ve still got these places that are unallocated :smile: :point_up_2:t3:

Haizz missed the opportunity to test at teeside .

I joined Monzo three days ago and I just had an invite in my app to link Monzo to flux. Perhaps stupidly, I did it but looking further into it, I don’t have a flux account (do I need one) and I don’t go to KFC very often and they seem to be about the only retailers listed. Without reading through 669 posts, can someone give me a very quick once over of what this is and how it can or can’t benefit me please.

And if it won’t really be of any benefit, what do I need to do to unlink it?

Thanks.

To remove go to Settings > privacy and security > manage apps

If you use retailers they support like kfc and just eat and want receipts in app then it’s great. If not then you can disconnect until they expand their retailers a bit more if you want

Thanks. If I leave it active, do I need to set up a flux account? Ironically, I used Just Eat last night.

afaik all you need to do is connect and that’s it

If you tap on your transaction from last night does it show the receipt?

I only linked it this morning, that’s why I said it was ironic.

2 Likes

I might be wrong but thought it worked slightly retroactively?

P sure when I first connected I could see receipts for previous EAT transactions.

When I tap the transaction from last night, there is a fully detailed and itemised receipt. Would that have come from flux?

Yup. That’s what flux does. They link digital receipts to the transaction in your Monzo app.

Yeah exactly! That’s half the point with flux.

Some retailers you just get a full receipt. Some they automatically collect loyalty for you (e.g. KFC).

I haven’t been to KFC for about two years. I’ve just been out with a friend and guess where we’ve going for lunch? Yup. KFC!

2 Likes

What they didn’t tell you in the flux invite, is that flux is also working on a secret mind-control technique where they flash a single frame advert while you’re browsing your transactions. Looks like it’s working!

2 Likes