Flux: Instant Digital Receipts and Rewards

Happy Friday all! Just a super quick one: a lot of people have been asking us to display the restaurant name in Just Eat receipts so that it’s easier to keep track of things.

Excited to say that we’ve just shipped an update that should do just that :tada: Please check it out next time you order with Just Eat and let us know what you think :smile:

8 Likes

Hi @samantha.flux how long ago did you ship the update? I ordered about an hour ago but no restaurant name.

Ahh I think you were too soon - only happened in the last half an hour I’m afraid :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Story of my life :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Is there a way to feed items on the receipt back to the pot?

If I spend 100 in Waitrose, 50 on food and the other 50 on wine, I can now set a pot just for the wine purchase. It will help me control budgets on specific spendings.

No flux is simply a display of an e-receipt.

Monzo doesnt even allow you to split a transaction into different categories yet so this is a long way off

1 Like

has splitting transaction into different categories a popular request by users? I would find it very useful myself

Yeah heres the thread for that one where you can vote/comment to show your support.

With over 100 votes its one of the most popular on the community but this unfortunately always doesnt translate to making monzo develop it quicker or even at all.

1 Like

Just voted. Thank you

any reason why not? The request was back in Jan 17. It’s been 3 years since then…

Ideas and votes are an indicator for Monzo of the features the community would like to see but they don’t necessarily create those features or those features with the most votes.

There’s a balance between the goals of the business, the views of the community (a small but very engaged subset) and the feedback from the customer base as a whole (focus groups, surveys, customer service interactions).

5 Likes

@samantha.flux Hi Samantha as of late none of my KFC receipts are coming through not sure what’s happening as my other receipts come through fine.

1 Like

Hi Lancelot :wave: I’m sorry that you’ve not been getting your KFC receipts recently - this is part of a wider issue that’s been affecting around 40% of KFC transactions.

To give you a bit of background as to what’s been going on, KFC is in the process of upgrading the software it uses to send us transaction data. Unfortunately, this has been causing quite a few outages with their servers, and even once the new software is successfully installed there’s some manual work that needs to be done to get the receipt integration back up and running.

We’ve been working with them to try to push the rollout through as quickly as possible, but ultimately there’s little that we can do other than wait. The good news is that they’ve told us the work is being prioritised this month, but we’ll have to wait and see.

It’s likely we didn’t receive your transaction data on the merchant side, which is why your receipts have got stuck in pending. I can ask our engineers to take a look and see whether they can manually trace the data if you’d like to DM me the date, time, and amounts.

I’m sorry for this - I know it’s not ideal :pray:

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @samantha.flux much appreciated if I get anymore I’ll be sure to let you know and see if the team can manually link them up.

1 Like

Just some general feedback on this @samantha.flux as ive also had some issues with kfc since the beginning of the year

Maybe you should have some realms of feedback to the receipt after 48 hours or whatever the expected window to change it from “All good things take time” to “Unable to retrieve”

2 Likes

Hey Nathan - totally agree, this was definitely part of the plan when we launched the pending receipt states. I think the interrupted data from KFC might have something to do with why they aren’t ticking over properly, but I’ve flagged it with our retail team to pick up next week and investigate :male_detective:t3:‍♂

I think we’d originally set it for the final matching attempt, but that can vary from retailer to retailer. I think 48 hours sounds like a good amount of time - or do others think it should be shorter/longer?

3 Likes

Without knowing the internal processes, 48/72 hours sounds quite reasonable. And can’t (yet) see a scenario where my receipt would be so urgent I couldn’t wait that long before getting in touch with you guys for manual allocation.

2 Likes

We’re looking for testers! :male_detective:t3:‍♂

Hi everyone :wave:t3:

We’re looking for Monzo users to help us iron out some issues we’re having at the moment with a couple of stores.

The testing process is relatively simple; just visit the store in question, make a low-value transaction (less than £5), and then send us a screenshot of the transaction and a photo of the paper receipt.

In return, we’re offering a £25 Amazon gift card to say thanks for your time :blush:

The stores we need testing are located in the following places:

• Inverness
  • Hounslow
  • Salisbury
  • High Wycombe
  • Hastings
  • Newport
  • Coventry [allocated]
  • Wigan [allocated]
  • Romford [allocated]
  • Truro
  • Teesside [allocated]
  • Glasgow [allocated]

If you’re interested in helping out with this, please fill out this Google form so that we can get in touch and send through some more information. We’ll be choosing testers based on a first-come, first-served basis, and are looking for testers who are available in the next two weeks.

If you’ve got any questions about this, please do give me a shout :smile:

5 Likes

Would love to be involved but I’m not near any of those locations :cry:

2 Likes

We’ll definitely be doing this again in the future (in some guise!) so hopefully it’ll be somewhere nearer you next time :smile: We’re starting small and looking to solve one particular issue that we’ve got, and if this way of doing things works we’ll be looking to implement it further.

7 Likes

Is there going to be a new retailer when Eat sadly leaves the high street soon? Or will the relationship with Itsu go into the wider Metcalfe group?