Flux: thank you and goodbye

I’m really excited about the possibility of adding the small local merchants through Marvin, as this would be hugely helpful for me. Out of interest, is there the possibility in the future that you integrate at the iZettle software level so that it is just a feature already available for anyone using iZettle (or other POS systems like SumUp, etc)?

2 Likes

Working directly with POS providers is a great way for us to become visible to smaller merchants and it’s something we’re definitely keen to do more of. I know we’re chatting to a few key players at the moment, so hopefully we’ll get some movement there soon. There’s also plans to open Marvin up to other POS providers as well (it’s just with iZettle right now).

1 Like

How does the tracking of loyalty points work? By matching account email addresses? I cannot see any way to link the account manually, so I’m just presuming it’s this way?

That would be my main use out of this - receipts will be nice from time to time, but if this mainly saves me having to scan a loyalty card first before making a payment, then I’m all for it.

Hi @samantha.flux I’ve tried to connect a POS to marvin several times and it takes me to this screen every time but never any further.

The card readers only get used a few days a year as they’re for an event, not a trading buisness, but I just wanted to get flux activated to see how well it worked.

Do you know what’s not working?

Hey Stephen :wave: There’ll be a way for you to link manually - this is still in beta though, so only a sub-set of people have been able to access this so far. But once it’s launched, the idea is that you’ll be given the option to manually link your loyalty programmes to Flux.

I don’t have an exact timescale yet, but it’s a big focus for us and I don’t think we’re too far off rolling it out across the board.

Hope that helps - let me know if you’ve got any questions :smile:

2 Likes

Hey Fergus! I’ve just checked in with Filippo and Tobie who built Marvin - basically they’re still tweaking the flow and the confirmation page isn’t fully functioning, which is why you’re still seeing that same page. Your account should be set up though, so give it a test and let us know if it works :smile: We’re always keen for people to take things for a spin and try to break them - it helps us spot problems early and improve :pray:

3 Likes

So do you mean it should be importing receipts through anyway? Can you let me know what banks it’s working for?

So at the moment only Starling supports the Marvin integration, though we’d love to have Monzo integrated in the future too.

After activating your account, you won’t automatically get a receipt if you made a purchase with a Starling card - this is because we need to see a transaction first in order to identify the data we need to match. So it’s not quite a one-step process - yet! :sweat_smile:

If you want to talk through exactly how this would work, feel free to drop me a line at samantha@tryflux.com and we can go through it in more detail next week at some point :smile:

Have a great weekend!

Thanks, Samantha - but the only compatible account I have is my monzo one, so I won’t be able to test it anyway.

I’ll be following it closely until then :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@samantha.flux are there any plans to integrate flux with an expense management system like Concur so employees can submit expense receipts to their employers automatically?

2 Likes

Hi! :wave:

We’re really keen on finding a way to make expensing seamless for everyone involved. At the moment there’s been a lot of different options floated, like integrating with an existing expensing platform, being able to export Flux receipts in to PDF or email, and even having a central platform that you can view and download all of your receipts.

We’re aware that expensing is something that’s high on many agendas so we’re keen to find a great solution - leave it with us :smile: :eyes:

3 Likes

Does Flux work with Monzo joint accounts?

Yes

Ah, ok. How do I enable it? I have it working perfectly on my Personal account but in my new Joint account the option to enable does not appear on Flux compatible transactions.

A quick search (in this topic) revealed this;

Thanks, I did read through this topic and must have missed that!

1 Like

as its a new account, i found i had to
IOS go to settings
then settings at the top
then Manage Apps
then slide Flux to - Remove Access

then when i rejoined it worked on both accounts

1 Like

OK, great. I’ll give that a go. Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Can someone wake me up when Flux gets useful? Ta.

2 Likes

What do you define as useful? You know so i can know when to wake you up :eyes:

3 Likes