Flux: thank you and goodbye

Yes it would be awesome to have this for all transactions in future, so that you never have to keep a receipt again, and you know whether something is still in warranty. Seems like take up of Flux by retailers is painfully slow though.

How does it benefit the retailer? They have to both pay Flux and have hassle integrating it?

Yes well I imagine that’s why it’s slow. Saves paper at the very least, but is also a benefit to their customers.

I think Flux offer digital reciepts for free and then charge for the reward stuff.

Also, I’m not sure how much hassel JustEat would be since they already use APIs to send a reciept to customers via email:

What is the benefit to JustEat?

Think that it’s they could choose to stop doing paper receipts in the long run if there’s a match with Flux, and I imagine they’ve probably got some big-data stuff going on with the amount if receipts they’re processing.

But Just Eat don’t do paper receipts?

Big data isn’t an advantage to the retailer. I would be concerned if Flux were sharing my data with merchants I have not ordered from (I don’t think they mention it in their privacy policy).

I’ve had receipts from Just Eat card machines when paying on collection before, so it could be for in that instance?
I’m assuming it’ll mostly benefit smaller companies who integrate for better sales summaries on their own goods (if they don’t have analytics themselves), but yeah I hope they don’t share details from other merchants either. Also if you were considering implementing a loyalty scheme, it might be cheaper to ship it out to Flux instead to save on card production & another piece of software to manage it.

I’ll give some of the benefits i think i can see for both retailers and customers:

No paper receipts
PR win for the company reducing waste, good for the environment, good for the customer to track purchases better than scouring emails or to hold onto paper receipts for length of warranties

Rewards/Loyalty
Easy loyalty scheme can lead to customer retention for company, loyalty programs can be costly for smaller stores and harder to track usage or effectiveness, no need to have stand alone rewards apps which cost money to mantain?

Future Integrations
Big data - track shopping, target promotions at customers who usually buy certain products,

2 Likes

@samantha.flux sorry if this is the wrong place for it, but I was wondering if there was a thread in here to talk to flux.

I live up north so don’t get much chance to use Flux retailers, but I went to an Itsu in London at the weekend. The receipt that came through just has one line with ‘…’ at the end as it didn’t fit, but I was a bit confused as to why it also showed like that on the ‘View Full Receipt’ option. Surely there it would make sense to split the text on multiple lines?

I just wondered if you’d know if this was a flux issue or if it’s down to the info coming from the POS?

I did notice on a KFC receipt above that it detailed out a full meal deal contents

1 Like

Hi Fergus! :wave:

This is the perfect place to ask, don’t worry. Sounds slightly strange - would you be up for emailing me over a screenshot of the receipt so I can take a look? It may be a display issue, or perhaps that particular line item has gone a little haywired :sweat_smile: You can send it through to help@tryflux.com

Your full receipt view should show the entire line item - it’s only the preview in the transaction view that ought to be limited.

Thanks,
Samantha

Thanks, Samantha. I have emailed a screenshot over! :relaxed:

Hey Fergus - thought I’d reply here rather than to your email directly in case anyone had the same question :smile:

I’ve asked tech to take a quick look, and they’ve said that although it doesn’t happen too often, if the line item description is too long to fit on one line, the Monzo app will use ‘…’ rather than wrapping the text. So I stand corrected from my previous comment :point_up:t2: :sweat_smile:

I’ve made a note of this for the design team though - even though it’s infrequent, it’s something we can take a look at improving in the future. Let me know if you’ve got any questions about this!

2 Likes

thanks!

It’s not an issue, but I thought I’d flag it as it makes the more info page a bit useless in this case :laughing:

I’d love this in supermarkets.

I always take a receipt from the self service machine if I’m carrying the item so I don’t look like I’m just walking out with it at the exit!

13 Likes

Me too …

2 Likes

Feeling like flux has lost a bit of momentum. Anything in the rumour mill about any new partners?

3 Likes

I received an email yesterday inviting me to link my Colonel’s Club account to my Starling account. My number was in the email along with a button. Clicked it and that’s it - all done. Now I’ll earn loyalty rewards automatically when I use my Starling card at KFC :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Trying to connect to Flux through Monzo but getting this error. Any idea?

1 Like

@samantha.flux works for Flux and is usually quite active on here helping people. I believe she is on holiday at the moment though.

Generally her response to these kind of things is to email help@tryflux.com. I’ve done it in the past and they’re pretty quick at getting to the bottom of issues.

Edit: Found the post…