Flux: thank you and goodbye

Flux is such a great concept, and the KFC addition is very welcome. Be great to see some more ‘everyday’ stores like Supermarkets, Amazon or Starbucks etc.

Some great work though!

3 Likes

Supermarkets are the big one here. Can’t wait to see it implemented

4 Likes

No sorry i think you misunderstood my question. I’ll try and word it a little better.

I am a flux customer who owns a Monzo and Starling card.

I make a purchase at EAT with my monzo card (earning loyalty?)
I then make a seperate purchase at EAT wit my starling card (earning loyalty?)

Are these two visits and loyalty earned combined via my Flux account or will i now have two seperate loyalty streams? one for monzo and one for starling?

Hope thats a bit clearer? :thinking:

6 Likes

How can you add “your own receipt” if it’s going paperless and you don’t have a receipt.
You should have an “export receipt” button for expenses purposes instead. Please let’s be smarter than a simple integration.

I’m pretty sure it has been proven somewhere on the forum that you can export the digital receipt to PDF; but the Add Receipt will need to stay for people who haven’t integrated with Flux… but maybe it should be presented by an if statement like IF Flux equals disabled display Add Receipt, else hide it.

So what’s the business model here - selling consumer insights based on the data?

Data is big business so I assume if this type of integration does well, it could be a more modern way of doing “Big Data” like Nielsen or Mintel. Charge retailers for the integration, and sell the data at a price point? And similar to the Nectar model - give the end user some benefit, or use it to drive offers, and you can get a lot of aggregated data about user behaviour.

Super interesting thing as a whole - although given a number of the Big Retailers have their own rewards scheme, I can’t see them wanting to integrate something like this, if it gives Flux a slice of the data.

That said, I don’t really need food retailers receipts - but I would be interested if a broader lot of retailers came on board. Anything I might want to expense or return.

Many of your questions answered in the launch video:

4 Likes

Can’t find a transcript for this, is there a list of the highlights anywhere?

Hey @Flux :wave: Looks like someone is trying to matchmake you and Grind:

https://www.crowdcube.com/companies/grind-1/pitches/bkRwvZ/discussions/lxBKVb

Sounds like a good idea. Good brand, nice coffee, might do with some help on the loyalty front…

3 Likes

Seems a bit niche geographically.

They made it clear in the launch they’ve targeted the retailers with the most card payments in the UK.

Oh well, just thought I’d hook them up. They’ll either talk or they won’t! :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about. If flux is enabled, and receipt is received, then hide the “add receipt” button which doesn’t make sense.

Thank you so much for sharing this @Peter_G that’s awesome and super helpful! :raised_hands: I’ve reached out and will share any developments :smiley:

2 Likes

Flip side of getting more vendors, regardless of area, is that it could be easier to ‘sell’ to other vendors. As the list grows, the easier it should get? Don’t want to be behind the curve, and some vendors in localised areas may want to be ‘first on the park’?

Just a thought, getting big names gives instant UK wide coverage is great, but anything that expands the list and makes it an easier decision for other vendors, the better?

3 Likes

So it seems you get a printed receipt regardless of using your Monzo card? Do all the retailers that are signed up so far all still print the receipt or do they ask you first?

1 Like

I think Subway would be a great integration to have!

7 Likes

I’ve only got one vendor here - Eat - and I was asked if I wanted a receipt or not.

Mind you, I make a point of saying ‘no receipt’ wherever I can these days (unless I actually need one, I usually don’t need one when I’ve just bought a Milky Way!)

1 Like

All the EATs I’ve gone to have just not printed one. Like they haven’t even asked. But not sure if that’s just also getting slightly savvy servers who make the correct educated guess.

1 Like

Can I assume this only supports the physical card and not Apple/Android Pay?

No. It worked via Apple Pay for me (I think, I rarely use my actual card so can’t imagine I did just for this one transaction).