Flux: thank you and goodbye

Great news! Looking forward to seeing who it is! :eyes:

2 Likes

That’s a shame, it was working great.

1 Like

Morning everyone!

Super excited to let you know that the new retailer is H&M. Given their huge presence in the UK, this is a pretty big one for us :smile: You can check out all the details of the partnership in our blog.

Happy to answer any questions you might have, please do give me a shout :v:t4:

21 Likes

Great to see such a big retailer being added so congrats samantha and team

Flux and H&M customers will also be able to use their digital receipts to return items, either by scanning a barcode that we’ll embed in the receipt for you or by citing the receipt ID to the cashier.

This is the key part for me, now means we can genuinely decline the paper receipt but still have the benefits of having one :clap:

5 Likes

Morning Samantha - does the link with H&M receipts only work in-store at the moment or does it also work for online transactions?

Hey Chris :wave:

This is an in-store only integration at the moment, but we’re looking to include online transactions in the future :blush:

5 Likes

one more question sorry @samantha.flux

Is there any training being given to staff or anything to accept these e-receipts for refunds?
I know from working in retail a few years back that youd have some managers that just cant be bothered and would say something along the lines of “no sorry we dont accept that you’ll need your paper receipt”

Whats being done to stop this sorts of interactions?

1 Like

Morning Nathan

Great question - at the moment, we only have two retailers who support returns (schuh and H&M), so we’ve been able to work with them pretty closely to make sure that staff have the resources and knowledge they need to be able to support this function - and we’ve made sure that they can contact us if there’s ever a problem. In the future, as new retailers come on board, we’ll build staff training into the wider onboarding process to get out in front of any potential knowledge gaps down the line.

It may still happen that a particular staff member gets a bit stuck - but we’re feeling confident that there’ll always be someone in-store with knowledge of the Flux returns process :smile: Please do feel free to put it to the test, I’d love to hear what the experience is like!

2 Likes

:eyes:

3 Likes

Barclays just got even better. Fewer and fewer reasons to keep Monzo

This is a big step and should see a big surge in digital receipts :clap:

On another note, anyone on the forum tried out h&m? And if so perhaps the return process with barcode?

3 Likes

By the way. A couple of updates from Monzo regarding digital receipts.

1. When your receipt is available, you will get a note added to your transaction (so, in a way a “soft” notification). I’m looking for feedback on the text. Thoughts?

1. With certain merchants (right now only H&M and Schuh), you get a barcode which you can scan in-store for returns. Alternatively you can show them the “Receipt ID” at the bottom.

The text above the barcode here is a dummy and will depend on the merchant.

Disclaimer: McDonald’s and Starbucks are just internal tests we did. This does not mean they will or will not be available via Flux.

16 Likes

I think text looks good. Def nice to have something to signify from the feed.

2 Likes

I think it is fairly obvious already but can’t hurt to have something like “For returns scan here” rather than just saying scan here, as it isn’t obvious what it is for necessarily

3 Likes

Does this overwrite any existing note? :eyes:

1 Like

No. It will only create a note if you don’t already have one :+1:.
Good question though

6 Likes

That was just dummy text, but yeah, you are right.

In the future we can even have QR codes for festival tickets here, or really anything we want to scan

7 Likes

This would work well with eventbrite :eyes:

4 Likes

Although in saying that i think personally those types of things would be better kept in the wallet app with boarding passes, loyalty cards etc for easier access.

Would be more hassle to look for them in my monzo feed i think.

3 Likes

Agreed. Solution looking for a problem (I know it was only an example though).